Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help~~with my hair pls.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
roopdh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roopdh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help~~with my hair pls.
    Posted: April 18 2004 at 6:55pm
need to know for those who attain curls and waves, what would you recommend between a curling iron and rollers?

I have straight thick hair and need to decide based on what will last and what look it will create.

I dont' want body waves at all!~just ringlets or waves or curls that aren't too big. I have heard of Caruso curlers, and they are more versatile in giving non-roller type of curls.

Pls any advice, suggesitons, tips would be appreciated.
jean32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 3:13pm
If you want spiral curls use a spiral curling iron Target and other stores sell it or have a spiral perm or use spiral rods[curlers] [put hairspray or spritz to make the spiral curl longer lasting then use the spiral rods,wide spiral rods are for long hair] the beauty supply stores sells it.Alcohol in hairspray and hair products dries out and damages hair.Hot spiral curling irons can damage hair and cause bubble hair.Use a hair product with thermal heat protection that contains silicones.If you hair's cuticle is damaged[worn away] silicones may not protect it from heat.Silicones [end in the word methicone] protect hair from heat because silicones seal and smooth hair's cuticle.PVPs damage hair.
amateurstyler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateurstyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 8:34am
Hi,
I'd always use rollers or bendys as personal recommendation. You can dry off more slowly and avoids damage over use of curling irons can cause. Just because they are easier to use they are often over used and damage still occurs even if you use thermo protection sprays.
Rollers aren't that difficult
Semi/Temporary curl, wave and colour creator: please try before any perm!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic