Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(Easy Straight)- Home Straightening Kit.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RoxyGal192034545353 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxyGal192034545353 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Easy Straight)- Home Straightening Kit.
    Posted: June 12 2004 at 8:41am
Ok, heres the deal.

1. My hair Type- Coarse. Dry. THICK. Poufy. And instead of wavy hair, I have these weird lumps.

2. The hair I want- Kinda Thin. Straight. Layered with flippy ends. Smooth. Sleek. PERFECT.

3. The torture I go through everyday to make my hair look "Descent"- Wash, Blowdry straight forever. Then put in a bun overnight. Then its all wavy, but not as puffy. Then I straighten it for 40 mins.... The blow drying is about 30 mins.

4.- I Wanna be able to just wash and go without having to blowdry or do anything.

5. What I wanna try- The Easy straight kit.

Please answer the following is you have tried it... (FAST!):

Does "Easy Straight" leave your hair sleek and thin looking or dry and thick?

Will it keep a wave if its been up in a bun, or in a braid?

What about rollers (not hot ones, maybe velcro)?

How's your volume?

Does it get flat on top and fuller on the bottom?

Can you just wash and go and have straight hair?

Is there any body at all?

Also, did you start your treatment with dry hair, straighteded dry hair, or wet hair?

Should it be freshly washed or a couple days dirty?

Please also rate the product and give a review....

PLEASE DO THIS FAST

Thanks, love ya.

luckyace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckyace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2004 at 7:28pm
Whatever you do dont use easystraight..i used it about a week and a half ago and am doing everything possible to get my hair back to its prior state which was healthy shiny and long. I had 5 inches cut off and am spending in the hundreds for cellophanes and other various treatments! Just my advice - oh and I left it on less time than the box told me to only 3 minutes and yet still I have this frizzed out mess, only after using my HAI stick flat iron does it look reasonable enough to be seen outside!
SSassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2004 at 2:00pm
RoxyGal, I''m not sure if you''ve done the easy straight yet, ( I saw the thumbs down review)

If not, I would suggest you look into Liscio Thermal reconditioning. It is not cheap.. the one major drawback, but having faced similar challenges with my coarse hair,it was well worth it.

For my second TR, I requested more volume, so it is not limp straight. I still have straight hair when I blow dry, but I can round brush, use velcro curlers, or a straightening iron for any styling that I need.

The cost was $500--seems to be average for similar posts I''ve seen. However, it is basically permanent, so lasts 10 months ave. if your hair is shoulder lenght or longer (the weight will pull down the 4-5 inches of new growth that you get during that period.

I figured $50/month to have straight hair was worth it. Besides, I figured I could get a part time job for the amount of time I spend on straightening my hair which would pay for it :)

btw..I did try one at home straightening between my 2 TRs (to save money) I had to have about 5 inches cut off my hair to get rid of the damage. Some things are better left to the pros.

alice40 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alice40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2004 at 7:24pm

don't use EASY STRAIGHT- IT'S HORRIBLE!!
IsisAngel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IsisAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2004 at 8:42pm
DO not use this product. i used it about a week ago and it seems like i am going to have to cut off at least 5 or more inches just to make it look half way decent.. i have to keep using a straightening iron to make it look semi normal...

this is how i came across this forum , because i was trying to find a way to try to repair my hari and so far i have found nothing
Harleymom10860 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harleymom10860 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 12:14pm
Pleeeeeease, whatever you do, don't use this product. I used it 3 months ago and it totally fried my hair. I followed their directions and even rinsed it out earlier then what their recommended time was. I had to have about 3 inches of my hair cut off and have spent a small fortune on conditioners in hopes of saving what I can to no avail, all the treatments and conditioners do is temporarily mask the damage, tommorow I am going to go and have my hair cut short, I just can't deal with the damage anymore and the time it takes to try to get my hair to look half way decent. There are a lot of women out there going through the same thing from easystraight, trust me, I have been in contact with a lot of them. There is also talk of a class action lawsuit against the makers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic