Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

aSK mIZZ p FOR PROBS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 1:14am
so now what i have a problem with are my ends....it looks....all frizzed up. i trimmed it like 4 weeks ago and when i went to get some hair rpoducts at the salon, the stylist was like i need to trim my hiar...i just looked away cos i know most stylists are scissor crazy. It doesnt really look frizzed up..just curly. I dont know if its damaged or anything. So can i just put the oil on it without washign it out?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 9:34am
Hi Renee

Yes, if you feel like your ends are too dry, oil on the ends works nicely. I also wanted to add ... It's great that you only hairwash once a week. It minimizes friction in general because IMO the most friction occurs during hairwashes. I haven't gotten to that point yet-- I'm washing twice a week and still working on it! :)

Anais
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2004 at 9:33am
Ive promised that this will be the last product Ill buy...a protein treatment. I heard it helps damaged hair and stuff and should be done maybe before relxing or coloring...what do you know bout this?
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2004 at 9:38am
And oh...i relaxed my hair on teh 6th of october and i can see like 1 inch of new growth....wow...i dont know what happened. This is like unbelievable. One inch is what i see after 3 months not a month. Im perplexed and i odnt know if its still for real or not. lol
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2004 at 11:07am
Maybe I should get a protein treatment. I'm going to be relaxing my hair soon and it has been dry lately.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2004 at 2:15pm
Hi All,

I don't know much about chemical treatments. (In the past I have never dyed, permed, relaxed, TR'ed, curled, flat ironed, etc...) but lately I have heard that protein treatments are recommended before and after chemical treatments because protein will be literally removed during the processing... you'll want to "put some back in", if that's even possible.

Don't take my word for any of that. Claribuzz knows about chemical treatments if you want to give him a holler on the Asian or General board.

One thing I do know, is that protein treatments in combination with oil treatments can cause brittleness. That's why I stopped using my protein shampoo when I began using oils. So it will have to be one or the other: the coconut oil for moisture, or the protein for softness or whatever else. I chose oils.

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2004 at 4:03pm
i dont plan on doing protein treatments often. Just to use before relaxing my hair which wont be until another 2 months. Ill definitely do the oil treatment before i shampoo
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 2:02pm
@ Renee, have you tried the baggie method or just wearing buns, french rolls, corn rolls? How long do you wait for touchups? What do you do inbetween touchups? I would recommend doing protein treatments AFTER the touchup. The reason why I say this is because your hair is weaker after the chemical has touched it, therefore the protein treatment will strengthen it.

I saw a recent post when you said something about the condition of your hair, so i am trying to hear your methods and stuff so i can be of assistance, if you don't mind.

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2004 at 11:07am
Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

@ Renee, have you tried the baggie method or just wearing buns, french rolls, corn rolls? How long do you wait for touchups? What do you do inbetween touchups? I would recommend doing protein treatments AFTER the touchup. The reason why I say this is because your hair is weaker after the chemical has touched it, therefore the protein treatment will strengthen it.

I saw a recent post when you said something about the condition of your hair, so i am trying to hear your methods and stuff so i can be of assistance, if you don't mind.

The last time i relaxed, i believe i waited for liek 3 months. I dont think ill wait that long before the next one. My hair is always in a pony tail and i dont know anything about baggie methods and stuff. I make my hair in cornrows myself so when im bored, i do that sometimes. My hair is in a better condition now....for now. What is the baggie method? I know its a sort of protective style but i dont know how to do it. Im also trying to grow my hair and i take 11000mcg bition daily and a multivitamin.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2004 at 3:39pm
The baggie method is when people put oils on their ends and then put it in a plastic back, meanwhile covering the baggy with hair pieces or scrunchies to hide the bag.

But I know when I had a relaxer I would just put oil on my ends and then place it in a bun,frenchroll or any other protect style usually I would do a slight dusting ( small trim less than 1/4 inch) every 6 weeks and I would wait usually 3 to 5 months between relaxers. I went natural but my hair was about bra strap before.

How often do you wear protective styles? Winter is espceially important for protective styles because the cold air can cause drying and brittleness. They help to retain growth and keep your ends healthy at the same time.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2004 at 9:26pm
uh.....i dont wear protective styles. now that i know what the baggie is, ill try it.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2004 at 10:58pm
Protective styles make a difference. They help with retaining length and the health of the hair.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2004 at 11:07am
does anyone know what i can do to moisturise my hair???? ive not found anything thats working yet. i have to wash every two days to keep it moisturised. maybe a leave in or something. everything ive used worked only after 2 or 3 uses
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2004 at 10:55am
I would use a cream leave in...well for me they work, the spray leave ins always make my hair crunchy.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2004 at 4:30pm
If each product would work for "2 or 3 uses" then you might need to clarify your hair every 2 or 3 washes. Sometimes, unclarified hair might "feel" dry and crunchy even though it's just product buildup.

I don't remember... have you used vinegar rinses before?

and... you'll want to email me for this because I won't be checking this board often this week.

blueangelflame {at} yahoo {dot} com

Hugs,
Anais
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2004 at 5:27pm
Anais, a new picture? Your hair always looks so pretty.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2004 at 7:29pm
Layla, thanks a bunch :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic