Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

straightening tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anna04 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: straightening tips
    Posted: September 02 2004 at 1:25pm
hey has ne1 got any natural ways 2 make hair easier 2 straighten with ceramic straighteners or any tips for super straight hair?? xo
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2004 at 4:57pm
*** DISCLAIMER: Do keep in mind that some hair just naturally takes more work to straighten, and/or stays straight for shorter time than usual ***

(1) Be sure to condition well, and/or use a leave-in conditioner after your last wash.
(2) Flat iron a few days after a hairwash. Slightly dirty hair will flatten a bit easier, and also keep in mind the natural oils will help protect hair during the heat process.
(3) Use less heat on your ends, to decrease amount of damage. Even further, use only the minimal amount of heat necessary to straighten your hair. Especially if you have fine hair, it damages much more easily with heat styling.
(4) Keep track of what sections you're working on... work on small sections, pinning them to the side when done with each.
(5) Be sure to get regular trims for split ends!

HTH : )

Anais Satin
my LJ, 40 inches long
anna04 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 11:35am
hey thanx very much 4 replying
ive herd of wet 2 dry straighteners r they any good?? has anyone used these and are the results good?
write bak soon luv anna xx
anna04 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 11:38am
hey thanx for replying!
has any1 tried wet 2 dry straighteners? r they good results on curly hair??
write back soon!! luv anna xo
anna04 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 11:42am
oops sory 4 the double post!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 12:07pm
Nope, never tried it... As far as I know, you're not supposed to iron when wet. It's the same damaging effect as sticking your head in a steaming pot for six hours. Never never iron when wet.

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
jessicar View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 2:09pm
I find the products I put in before and after using my iron make a huge difference in the end results and how long it stays straight. I like phytologie's phytodefrisant best before, but I have gotten good results with other products and then a shine serem or finnishing product after. I don't ususally use any hair spray, and I also make sure to deep condition or put in leave in conditioner and work piece by piece with the iron for best results.
anna04 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2004 at 7:30am
hey
Im reli considerating getting one of these wet to dry hair straighteners. It is a different type of technology but they are very expensive. The ones i am looking at are called T3 Tourmaline Wet to Dry Straightening Iron and they cost £124.95. I don't mind spending this much if the results are very good and it cuts down the time on straightening. Has any1 got this hair straightener?? They are supposed 2 trap moisture in your hair and are better for your hair than normal ceramics.
anna xxxx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2004 at 12:20pm
Frankly I don't see how it's possible to revamp any heat tool. Heat is heat, and I don't see how you can change its nature. I seriously doubt any "wet to dry" straight iron will work any better than a ceramic, without frying the hair cuticle. You can't change a heat tool so that it "traps" moisture, but you can use products on your hair that will help hold in the moisture... I agree that conditioning before straightening is VERY important.
my LJ, 40 inches long
anna04 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2004 at 2:09pm
hey thanx 4 ur concern im not so sure about them now.
yes i always condition my hair every time i wash it. i usually shampoo it twice n them condition and i make sure to always apply heat protective cream before blowdrying/straightening. http://www.salonlines.co.uk/forwomen/index.php?category_id=405&p=1
this is where i found the straighteners if anyone wants to read it! anna xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2004 at 4:54pm
Heat protective cream! That's awesome... why don't you share what kind ... maybe a lurker on this board is searching for a good recommendation! : )
anna04 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2004 at 12:43pm
i use l'oreal professionel paris iron finish b4 straightening every time bt dnt use 2 much coz it can make hair greasy!
crazynluv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazynluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2004 at 2:07am
i dunno y but conditioning with mayonaise or eggs seems to help make my hair straighter when i straigten it with my ion ceramic straightner. mayonaise is the kind of thing that works for some peoples hair but not others. so watch out! also i'm gonna warn u it smells horrible but it works!
~*~CeCe*~*
anna04 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2004 at 3:11pm
hey thanx crazynluv!!
ill mayb try that sum time! how do u get rid of the smell??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2004 at 1:34am
There's this stuff they sell in drugstores, called "Mayonnaise for hair". I think it's the mayonnaise, without the smell. If you're concerned about smell. Normally wouldn't a person just shampoo it out and finish with a scented conditioner?

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic