Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how do i get this straight hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
prettybabie00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettybabie00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how do i get this straight hair?
    Posted: December 02 2004 at 12:00pm
my hair is about shoulder length with lots of layers. im trying to grow it, but i think this style will make it look longer.

how do i get it this straight and what type of straightener do i use? i have a med.-large size ceramic one but even though my hair is thin and mostly straight...my 16 year old self cannot figure out what i can do

http://www.gilmoregirls.org/screencaps/episode221/34.jpg

http://www.gilmoregirls.org/screencaps/episode222/06.jpg

http://www.gilmoregirls.org/screencaps/episode222/38.jpg

if the pics are too blury...its just really straight, and the layers in front arnt curled under or flipped out, just kinda hang there
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2004 at 12:33am
Look like it was flat ironed.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2004 at 3:19pm
It was flat-ironed, and probably had a little bit of a shine product in it.

Just flat iron it with a good ceramic one, and make sure you don't have the type of irons with curved plates. It'll damange you hair, but the person who did the star's hair probably held the iron for a bit longer at the ends. I warn you, it's definitly not good for the ends. And then, when you're done, add some shine product.
shawty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 7:59am
mine look like that if i comb them while they r wet n then let them dry them self without using a blow dryer
XxLaur1285xX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxLaur1285xX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 8:52pm
Yup, that was definitely flat ironed with a few styling products and probably a finishing shine product after the straightening was done. I would suggest a ceramic flat iron, because ones with regular metal plates will dry your hair out horribly. Trust me, I straightened my hair with a Hot Tools flat iron for a year and wound up having to chop all my hair off because of the mass amounts of damage it did to my locks. I vowed to never use it again. The True Ceramic Pro is wonderful, but very expensive. Howeinver, it's totally worth it if your hair is as much of a nuisance as mine is.

Usually letting your hair air dry isn't going to work if you have thick, coarse, or wavy/curly hair. If I were to let mine air dry..well, it wouldn't be pretty. I envy those of you who can do that!!
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 9:03am
How do curved plates damage your hair?
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Seta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 4:31pm
what about the wet to dry flat irons that you can use on wet hair and it dries and straightens in one allowying to skp the blow drying step?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 6:19pm
no. wet hair should NEVER be flat ironed, because the moisture in the hair could expand... thus making the hair shaft burst.

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 12:28pm
For a look similar to that....blow dry hair from wet for volume at the root then flat iron the ends of your hair thus leaving it volumised and poker str8......and use plenty of heat protector serum and a shine spray to finish.
It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic