Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Go from STRAIGHT to CURLY????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Go from STRAIGHT to CURLY????
    Posted: January 22 2005 at 10:30am
Hi all,

I have been straightening my hair for a few years now and have decided it was time to go back curly. Using the Chi iron almost everyday has begun to take its toll on my hair. It is breaking horribly. I figured its time to give it a rest! Question, how do I go back curly without frizzy? My hair is below my shoulders and is very course, curly and frizzy. Living on the Gulf Coast dosen't help either, being its soooo humid. The chi iron is great for taking out the frizz, but like I said its damaging my hair.

Any suggestions?

Thanks from a looooonnnngggg time lurker!!!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 12:09pm
Use LOOOTS of conditioner.... even try a CO (Conditioner Only) I have instructions posted in my Medusa link under Cleansing Methods. What products do you currently use?

Hugs,
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
tano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 1:27pm
Hi

Products currently being used??? Lets see right now I'm using Redken all soft shampoo & cond. I also use the Anti-snap leave in. I'm such a hair product junkie , I alternate alot. But, I always use good products. Oh I also do a cold water and vinegar rinse every so often just to get rid of any build up.

Could you suggest something for curly hair. BTW my hair is naturally curly (if I could take out the frizz, that is).

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 2:18pm
You may want to cut down on shampoo usage. Curly hair often does best with little to no shampoo... just conditioner. Try cutting down to shampooing once a week, and CO (Conditioner-Only) for the rest of the week.

If your scalp can take it, you could just as well leave out the shampoo step completely: and wash your scalp with just the light CO conditioner. Frankly I'm convinced you're a good candidate for the "Curly Girl" routine. (read the book, Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey) Be sure to check out the Curly board for curly care help. Frizzygurl can help you more than I can.

Hugs,
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 2:58pm
Recommendations for the CO conditioner (the light one you can use for "washing" the scalp and length):

V05 Tangerine
V05 Strawberries and Cream
V05 Free me Freesia
V05 Kiwi Lime
Suave Milk and Honey
Suave Coconut
any Suave Naturals conditioner
White Rain Extra Body

and I'm not sure if your hair gets along with silicone coatings, so here are two classifications of final conditioners:

"final conditioner" recs, silicone free:
Biolage Conditioning Balm, free of silicone ingredients. It costs about the same as your Redken Antisnap.
Biolage Gelee
Jessicurl
Aubrey Organics

final conditioner recs: contains silicones
Suave BioBasics
Suave Humectant
Fructis Long and Strong

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic