Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ceramic iron for guys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
caleb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caleb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ceramic iron for guys
    Posted: January 26 2005 at 3:46pm
As an actor, I sometimes need a different style and straight looks are part of that. I have short hair that can get frizzy and I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendation. The True Ceramic Pro's plates were to big. Any knowledge about Solia (3/4) inch or the Hai Twig (3/8) or any others?
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 10:55pm
I have a Solia 3/4 inch. It's fab. Anything in particular you needed to know about it?
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
caleb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caleb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2005 at 4:57pm
Is the 3/4 inch Solia small enough to use on short hair? Do you need to go over sections moe than once with it?
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 7:21am
Your idea of 'short' and mine are likely to be a little different, but if you're talking 'short' as in less than ten inches, the Solia is excellent. Some sort of weird crimp is permanently embedded in the back of my hair (though that may be due to the way I wear it), and since my hair is relatively coarse naturally (I think it's 3c or 4b), I usually have to do the back of my hair a few times. However, for the most part that's not the case; one pass works great.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Crazy Hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 5:34pm
Caleb - How wide is the True Ceramic Pro? I'm looking around for an "excellent" ceramic flat iron and the True Ceramic Pro keeps coming up as one of the best. Did it do the job? I've also heard that the Sedu (comes in a 1 inch model) is also considered to be one of the best in the field. I have short, wavy/curly hair that looks best straight. I've done the chemical straightening thing and found it way too damaging and "permanent" until your hair grows out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic