Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cheap flat irons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stephanie11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephanie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cheap flat irons
    Posted: February 16 2005 at 5:53pm
what is the best straightning iron that would cost between $20-30 thats ceramic ....once and a while I use a clothing iron but that is really damaging so I stopped

Any ideas?
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 9:36am
You can get 'ceramic' irons by Conair in Wal-Mart for less than $25.

If you need bigger plates, Sally sells a 'Curlmaster Select' ceramic iron for about $32. That was two years ago; it should be cheaper now.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
stephanie11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephanie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 4:45pm
ok i was looking at the conair ones but they only have the ultra slim one would that work as good
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 7:51pm
Depending on your hair length (I'm assuming it's pretty long if you could use an iron on it), an 'Ultra-Slim' may not be enough for you. What you need to consider in a flat iron is: its plate size, since 'ultra-slim' is probably no more than 3/4", it might take longer than you wanted to get through your hair, and whether or not it has adjustable heat control. Unless your hair is fairly fine, 'lo' and 'high' won't cut it.

I know you set a price limit, but you really should spend the extra $15 and get a decent 1" plate flatiron from Sally's with multiple heat settings...it'll save you time in the end, not to mention wear and tear on your wrists.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
heyyy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2005 at 10:20pm
hi... i think that u should buy a more expensive iron b/c they work much better and they last a lot longer. I use the chi and its AMAZING!!! my hair is super curly and frizzy and it is perfect whenever i use it! have u ever heard u get what u pay for? the cheap straighteners damage ur hair and then u have 2 keep replacing them... so i would reccomend buying a good one that u no will last!

P.S. conair''s "ceramic irons" are not a complete ceramic plate(the ceramic will wear away) trust me i used 2 use one!
passin thru View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passin thru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 3:06am
^^^
I agree. You'll probably be better off spending extra money on a better quality flat iron. I bought one of those cheap flat irons from Sally's called Gold & Hot. It was about $15 (well $14.95, but I got it on sale for $10), but I noticed that my hair doesen't stay straight for very long. I usually end up needing to straighten my hair every 2 or 3 days. I want to buy a flat iron that will cut down on the amount of heat I use on my hair and one that will leave my hair straighter for a longer period of time. I'm thinking of getting either a Solia or a Sedu. They both cost about $100, but I've heard good reviews about both so hopefully they'll be worth the extra money.
blackballetchic View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackballetchic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 11:50am
definatly get a remington wet2straight (unless you have a lot of time to do your hair-which most people don't) depise what people on this board say.I have one and it makes my hair (and I am afro-american) a lot straighter,smoother,shinier,and softer than any other flat iron I have ever used.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic