Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the permanent chi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
i need help! View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i need help! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the permanent chi
    Posted: February 19 2005 at 12:37pm
I am posting this for two reasons:
1) i want to aware people about what the chi does
2) i need help

I got the chi done on my hair about a month ago. I thought everything was great until 10:45 this morning when I went and I got a haircut. My stylist was looking at my hair and noticed that my hair was breaking all over! Now i am going to have awful hair in the front and on the crown of my head in the back. This means that i need to change my hair cut, not blow it out, straighten it, or put it back into a ponytail. Its really bad. Unforunately, there is nothing that can be done. So i have to got back to the salon where I had it done and demand that they give me FREE(because they messed up) deep conditioning treatments. Although, this will not reverse the damage that is coming, it should help a small bit, or possibly not at all. When I got the CHI was so excited, I couldnt wait to go from curly frizzy hair to pin straight hair. Now, more than ever I wish I could have ALL of my hair back and my curls. This is really scary for me, and i hope that everyone considering the CHI reads this. I thought my hair would be fine because my friend went to this place and her hair looked awesome! Its not worth, it doesn't matter where you go and who does it, it could happen to anyone!

Secondly, does any one know how to stop the breakage? It is starting basically 1/4 of a cm from my root! PLEASE HELP ME! I am really scared, and i dont want to go bald. I am 15 not 80, i will take any advice i can get.

I hope my experiecne helps you all make your decision about the chi. Its not worth it. Invest your money in a good straightener, not this treatment. By the way, not only the Chi creates problems, it could happen with any permanent relaxer.
i need help View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i need help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2005 at 9:21pm
hi its me again... i was wondering if i should try a leave in conditioner or a deep hair mask(w/e that is) to try and help my hair b4 i get the deep condtioners done? And please anyone that looks at this reply, b/c i am desperate for ideas. Let me know what you use on your hair, anything will help!

Thank you everyone who has looked! Please learn from my BAD experience!
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 2:43pm
unfortunately, i dont think there is ne thing you can do. the deep conditioning treatments prolly wont do any thing to stop the breakage, but they will help to keep the new growth healthy. my advice would be to tuff it out for the next few months, and then get yourself a cute short haircut, and start over from scratch
sorry
i need help View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i need help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 3:15pm
hi guys... its me again! i have so great news! i went back to the salon that did my hair today, and they girl checked my entire head out and made sure that everything was healthy! the "bends" i saw was the new hair growing back! I am so sorry if I scared any of you by my post! i am not sure if I will ever do the CHI again, but OMG i am sooooo relieved! Thanks for caring! <3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic