Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Straightening options for short hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ifeelu View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ifeelu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Straightening options for short hair
    Posted: March 09 2005 at 8:44pm
hey i have about 2 inches of hair on top and 1-1/2 inch hair on sides wich is really puffy and frizzy thick and coarse and i was able to relax my hair a couple times in 3 days without the hair breaking or becoming gummy and the hair is a lot less puffier and I actually have styling options for my hair now so I say you should go along wit the relaxing!! If you get a good one without lye it really doesn't matter if it touches your scalp because mine didn't hurt at all and I used it a couple of times so do the relaxing I guarantee you'll like the results
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 9:45pm
For hair only one to two inches long, you would want a flat iron that was maybe 1/4 to 1/2" wide. You can get close to your scalp, but chances are that you'll burn yourself a few times in learning how to use it.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Paul_M View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 2:20pm
I posted a similar question in General Hair Talk recently but it was suggested I post here.

I have very straight hair, styled in a sort of regular guy cut - maybe 1-2 inches long. My hair has always been straight and coarse. It sticks up when cut very short. I also have a couple of cowlicks, one near the front and the other at the top back of my head.

My hair stylist explained how my hair grows away from my head - sort of grows up and out as opposed to laying relatively flat against my head. This always means my hair sort of looks pouffy and thick as it grows.

At my most recent apointment she has suggested I try a hair relaxer next time. She explained that they have done this on a guy's short asian hair before (which is similar in texture to mine).

My initial question was what is a hair relaxer? But I understand now that this is a chemical process. I wondered what was involved - she was a little vague on this but just said it involved product and took about one hour. I understand that this is a permanent procedure.

Are there any alternatives? What is the shortest that hair can be to use a straightening iron and can they get close to the scalp?

Thanks

Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic