Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

does phytologie products contain silicone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amytmcg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amytmcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: does phytologie products contain silicone
    Posted: March 16 2005 at 5:32pm
How do you guys like phyto???
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 7:30pm

Hi Amy,

I have been using Phyto since 1996.  Each Phyto product has to be looked at individually for ingredients formulations since the develop all their products to be unique.  Many of the products listed in the HairBoutique.com Phyto store do include a listing of the specific ingredients. 

For example, Phyto 7 - which is one of the first products I started using in 1996 - contains the following ingredients:

Marigold extract, Burdock extract, Rosemary extract, Weeping willow extract, Sage extract, Soy bean extract, Plant mucilage.  It is a cream and will be a little heavy for someone with thin hair.  I have medium thick, wavy/curly hair and it works great for me.  I also mix it with Phyto 9 which has the same ingredients as Phyto 7 except for the addition of Macadamia Nut oils.  So 9 is definitely heavier than 7 but a lot more moisturizing from the oils.

Not all the Phyto products work as well for me as others but that is because the Phyto products are designed to address a wide range of hair care issues. 

I also rotate the products I use with Aveda, ARTec, Joico, Rene Furterer, Robert Hallowell and Ken Paves products.  I really like his conditioner and his shampoo (which I dilute).

ARTec used to have a fabulous deep conditioner with real coffee bean shavings but they changed the formula and I have never found anything quite as fabulous for my hair although a lot of the Phyto products come close.  I also still love the Aveda Curessence products.

Again...you have to understand that one size does not fit all and it takes time to experiment and find what works best for your hair. 

Best wishes,
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic