Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brittney Spears

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 12:59pm

Originally posted by eKatherine eKatherine wrote:

You certainly can bleach while you're pregnant. In fact there are lots of things you can do while you're pregnant that they now recommend that you not do. Many of these things are of the "we have no evidence, but just to be on the safe side..." sorts of recommendations.

Britney is a person who has clearly led her life pushing the edge of the envelope. She's always done things that are not part of a healthy lifestyle.

Besides, it's hard to believe that she would dye her hair while pregnant if she was all that concerned, as dye is equally suspect. It's just part of the "Look at me, I'm a brunette!" trend you see in celebs.

you are really not meant to at all.  You're meant to drink 1 pint of water before dying hair anyway to dilute toxins.  Most hairdressers will not dye or bleach hair on a pregnant woman.  My preganant friend is a hairdresser, and isn't even able to practise colouring as it is dangerous.

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 1:34pm
Well, as far as that goes, we aren't any of us meant to dye, bleach, perm, straighten, or anything else, but we do, don't we?

If hair dye were toxic, drinking a pint of water before using it is not going to make it non-toxic. Doing so you've only diluted any toxins by about 1%, and it's silly to think that could make a difference. If you really believe that dye is that toxic, you'd best not do it yourself, rather than tell pregnant women they "aren't meant to" do it.

Telling pregnant women not to dye their hair is a new thing, not based on evidence, but based on the idea that pregnant women are foolish child-like creatures who would endanger their babies if we did not restrict their activities, and that any danger we could imagine is sufficient for us to restrict her, even though there is no scientific evidence supporting it.

If it's that dangerous, they shouldn't sell it at all. But studies have not shown lifetime use of haircoloring to be dangerous.

When I was a teenager in the 60's, they told pregnant women not to bathe or shower, lest they miscarried. But they all permed and colored their hair. Where are the birth defects caused by this?

Of course, you are using the word 'can' to mean something more like 'may', very differently from what I was using it to mean. My point is that Britney has made no effort to live a healthy lifestyle to this point, and it is clearly out of character for her to make permanent changes in this way.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic