Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow do I get waves with straight hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
YoungMarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungMarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I get waves with straight hair?
    Posted: November 25 2004 at 1:51pm
I just got my cut last saturday and I wash my hair put on 360 style and sportin' waves and a du rag and i brush my hair regularly and I got nuthin but a few waves on the left and right sides of my head...my hair is straight in the top and it seems like I just can't get them...I use a soft bristle brush...Now I used to have mad waves last year n 9th grade(10th grade now) but now I can't get them

SOMEONE HELP!
Get WAVES!
Science Allah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Science Allah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by YoungMarc YoungMarc wrote:

I just got my cut last saturday and I wash my hair put on 360 style and sportin' waves and a du rag and i brush my hair regularly and I got nuthin but a few waves on the left and right sides of my head...my hair is straight in the top and it seems like I just can't get them...I use a soft bristle brush...Now I used to have mad waves last year n 9th grade(10th grade now) but now I can't get them

SOMEONE HELP!

BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH ........BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bigger Picture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bigger Picture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 1:52pm
Give me your morning and night routine
I ride spinnas
I ride spinnas
Drag_on View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drag_on Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 1:54pm
Use a hard brush to brush with, its good since your hair is straight making the brush form waves since the brush is hard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bigger Picture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 2:20pm

SOMEONE HELP!

Whats your morning and night routine
I ride spinnas
I ride spinnas
CJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 2:41pm
grow ur hair for a month ... beat that ish wit a hard brush
Official Dream Team Member
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website
http://community.webshots.com/user/kingcam

pmp4lfjmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmp4lfjmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 3:41pm
we need yo mornig and night routin like big picture said

Eueu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eueu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 3:51pm
Marc I got the same problem. But I aint got no waves.
Heres my routine.

Morning routine
1. Brush
2. Pink lotion
3.Brush again
4.Baby oil
5.Brush

Night routine
1. Hop out shower brush 50 times each side
2.Pink lotion and brush 50 times again
3.360 style pomade brush 50 times again (again)
4.Put Smooth wave cream
5.Durag
Waves once again.
YoungMarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungMarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 4:37pm
Night:
shampoo my hair and brush it then rinse it out
get out shower and let my hair become real damp
then I put in 360 style and sportin' waves and brush for 5 mins
then I put my du-rag on and go to sleep

Morning:
wake up and take my du-rag off then in the shower I brush my hair
then when I get out the shower I brush my hair for 5 mins and repeat the same routine night and day

The thing that bites me is that the first time I had them in 9th grade all I did was brush it alot after I got my haircut alot and put on some 360 and the durag and went to sleep and BAM! I had them all over....and then as I went brushed and brushed they gradually became deeper....then when I got my haircut I didnt brush it like I should've and they left and now I been trying like crazy to get them back
Get WAVES!
YoungMarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungMarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 4:39pm
And when I get a haircut its like the top especially is spiky
Get WAVES!
YoungMarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungMarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 5:38pm
I brush the top forward
the sides down
and the back down

HELLLLP MMMMMME! PLEASEEEEEEE!
Get WAVES!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bigger Picture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Eueu Eueu wrote:

Marc I got the same problem. But I aint got no waves.
Heres my routine.

Morning routine
1. Brush
2. Pink lotion
3.Brush again
4.Baby oil
5.Brush

Night routine
1. Hop out shower brush 50 times each side
2.Pink lotion and brush 50 times again
3.360 style pomade brush 50 times again (again)
4.Put Smooth wave cream
5.Durag

For your morning routine there is no promade. Dont put baby oil. Replace baby oil wit promade. Baby oil is a moisterizer.

Night- Dont put any smooth wave cream at the end. juss durag it. follow the steps im about to post in a minute.
I ride spinnas
I ride spinnas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bigger Picture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 7:21pm
Night and/or Morning
1. While bathing shampoo hair. brush shampoo out.
2. After bathing, while wet, apply pink lotion/moisterizer.
3. Brush 50x on each side. (this saves time rather that just obnoxiously brushing for an hour)
4.Apply promade. Tip of finger for each side. Brush 50x each side. (Dont for get to heat promade.)
5.Hot towel wipe.
6. Brush each side 50x.
7. If night, then wear wave cap under durag. if moring then just durag. Unless ur gonna stay home all day.
I ride spinnas
I ride spinnas
YoungMarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungMarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 8:17pm
thanx big picture
im goin out tomorrow to get a hard brush and some more pomade
I remember when I had waves in 9th grade I used Dax Wave and Groom so i'ma probly get that and either more 360 or sportin' waves
Get WAVES!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bigger Picture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 8:22pm
Use Dax
I ride spinnas
I ride spinnas
YoungMarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungMarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 8:43pm
iight^^^^^
Get WAVES!
BlackFate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackFate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2004 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Science Allah Science Allah wrote:

SOMEONE HELP!

BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH ........BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ey allah nice spinners homes.....how u brush ur hair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic