Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Synth Chronicles: 5 Week Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Synth Chronicles: 5 Week Update
    Posted: March 18 2005 at 11:52pm

This will probably be my last update, since I have an appointment to get my Dome/PlastikHaar redone in a few weeks, and everything's been pretty status quo for the past few weeks. The hair is still holding up quite well, but I'm still having some pieceyness/stringiness issues that need to be addressed.

Admittedly, I'm having a terrible hair day anyway--it was up in a ponytail for hours and hours (hence the funky ridge) and my own hair's at an awkward length. It ends just after the braids begin, so it's hard to blend it all together seamlessly. For this reason, I'm seriously considering installing some small-size extentubes so I can go farther up on my head. I also think that with this length, I simply need more hair--my stock solution for everything--but then again, maybe not. We'll see. Anyway, here's the haar: 

Any and all suggestions are welcome! :)

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 1:29am
You know, Jenny, you may think it's a bad hair day, but it still looks very pretty - it looks like real, natural hair doing what real hair does - get ridges, etc. If it still feels good to you, not rough and plastick-y, then I would consider it a success at 5 weeks, really.
As far as the other concerns - piecy-ness, etc. - you know what to do. Extentubes on the sides and up higher on your head, more hair, whatever. Work in progress. Meanwhile, it looks really nice.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 2:16am
I think it still looks great.  and I don't think it looks any piecy-er (well at least by what I think you mean by piecy) than my natural hair did when it was longer than that. (why I cut it 2 years ago I'm still not sure)

I can see why you want *want* more hair but I don't think you *need* more hair.

Let us know how long you actually keep it and if it holds up.

:)al
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 4:03am
it looks great. my heat wand comes next week, we are going to start replacing the braids around my crown bc they have become really visible (growing out and all)
i love plastikhaar
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 4:55am

Mer,

I had no idea your braids went all the way up to the crown. That's why I don't go that far up--because they're too visible, especially after a few weeks or so. That said, going further up can give you a little more uniform volume than starting lower. I imagine with the shrinkies, you'll be able to go higher without the visibility issues, though.

:)

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 12:28pm

Jenny,

I also agree that your hair does not look fake and looks pretty on you.  I have a ? about the ends though since they look a bit matted to me - are they?  Is your hair still feeling silky or dry?  I hate with human hair extensions how the ends are split and they get stuck together; was wondering if the synth does this?

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 1:57pm

Well, I wouldn't say the ends are matted exactly. It all looks a bit bunchy because of the pieceiness of it, but the actual hair is still pretty silky. The ends of synth do have a tendency to get a little frizzed out (with human, they tend to get split and thin, but with synth it's more of a frizziness for the final 1/8 inch or so). You can blowdry or steam it smooth to fix the ends or razor-cut them; Dome Care, wig spray, baby-oil gel, and biosilk also work well. I also think the longer the hair is, the harder it is to keep it in pristine condition (much like with human).

Rae, Fina, Mer, Kalika, and the other PH users might want to weigh in on this, too.

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 3:15pm
Jenny I think your hair looks fabulous, it looks like its holding up really well to me xxx
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 4:02pm

you hair looks so lovely

*sniff* I miss playing with my hair.  wigs arnt as fun

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 6:53pm

Oh, Kalika--we miss you, girl!

How much longer till you can get extensions again? Maybe a couple of months or so? With the shrinkies, you probably wouldn't need much hair to do a whole head, or you could do some open-ended braids or pinchbraids (they'd be visible at the top of course, but that would probably look cool).

How's your wig holding up anyway? Are you still wearing the same one? Can you blow it out, like with monofiber?

MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 8:23pm
she could go to an african braiding salon and ph in hand and get open ended braids!!!! (with barely any hair at all!!!)
i love plastikhaar
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Kalika Kalika wrote:

you hair looks so lovely

*sniff* I miss playing with my hair.  wigs arnt as fun

Kalika, we're depending on you to do a red thing. Do you need to look at the PH color rings for inspiration?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic