Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can you put extensions in damaged hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
velvetnstars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velvetnstars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can you put extensions in damaged hair?
    Posted: March 20 2005 at 6:23pm
Hi everybody, I had a pretty major disaster with a relaxer this weekend (but I got help here so it's all gonna be okay lol) leaving me with damaged hair that is relatively short compared to what I would like. It is still pretty strong and healthy at the roots--not nice looking though! I have some clip in real hair extensions I used yesterday and they were okay looking but don't cover the damage in the front. Any ideas would be great, thanks!

Edited by velvetnstars
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 7:00pm
YOu could get clip in bangs (docs has them in natural colors in stock I'm pretty sure) to cover the front.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velvetnstars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 8:29pm
Thanks, that's kind of what I'm thinking. I did order a this sort of wide bang/fringe thingy from another site yesterday, it attaches with a clear band around the back instead of clips. Hopefully that will cover it for now. I just hope I can come up with a more permanent solution or the next year or so is really going be awful...my new mantra is "Never Again!"
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 10:24pm
The front is hard, because that's usually the part of hair that you need to cover the roots of the extensions. Maybe you could use an integration/honeycomb piece? It's a sort of wiglet that goes over the top of your head, with holes to pull your hair through.

-Rae

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velvetnstars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 2:48pm
Hmm, I will look around online for something like that. I am taking hair vitamins and I really hope they work, I am getting sooo tempted to just keep snipping at the damage, and it is everywhere...
Thisisniccy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thisisniccy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by velvetnstars velvetnstars wrote:

Hmm, I will look around online for something like that. I am taking hair vitamins and I really hope they work, I am getting sooo tempted to just keep snipping at the damage, and it is everywhere...

There is no REAL proof that hair vitamins work...

I've been taking them for years....Not a noticeable difference whatsoever.  I only continue cause my body could deffinitly use the nutrients.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 8:34pm
i reccommend Biotin and pre natal vitamins for my clients and they do have great results.
some folks it works and some it dont!
try it , cant hurt.
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
valentine319 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valentine319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2006 at 4:20pm
I hate being the bearer of bad news but once the damage is done you can minimize it some but vitamins will only help what you grow from here on out.  It won't do anything about what is now damaged.  Maybe some skin wefts to help out while it's growing.
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 10:48am
OK.. here's my 2 cents worth being the same thing happened to me.....not once but several times....I've tried Japanese permanent straightners and had breakage and then I just this past summer tried the chi liquid straightner at the salon.....somewhat fried it and THEN several months later I colored too dark so I put a "lifter" on my hair....and wow did it fry it even worse.....so now I'm cutting hair everytime I do an install.
 But there is temporary hope for you and me...get a french refined or something in a sicillian smooth texture or even a body wave....now blending the fried hair into that hair is the trick....I use several products and no one knows I have crappy fried hair.....quite the opposite... I get compliments all the time.....and I just have to giggle under my breath and go on.
 What I use after blow drying is IC straightening serum from Sally's or you can now usually get it at Krogers or Kmart etc. it's in a pink see through bottle and girl it is GREASY stuff....but it's what works on fried hair....now run it through your hair and then flat iron or use a curling iron.....curling iron works best for me on the blending of the extensions....layer that hair with your hair and.......WAW_____LA......good hair again.  I only use this when blowdrying and sometimes on the ends of my extensions.....the rest of the time I use Bedhead afterparty..it smells nice and just kinda gives you a nice clean feel and smell to day after hair.....oh and I also use the bedhead ..headrush I think it's called...it is a spray on shine spray, when my hair is dry from hair spray and such....I curl, fix and use hair spray...then I use the bedhead shine spray to make my hair shine more to match with the extensions.....works.

Hope this helps....but even fried damaged hair can look good! I'm living proof!
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic