Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dishwasher soap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dishwasher soap
    Posted: March 20 2005 at 8:49pm
hey all, so i decided to use the dishwasher soap idea you guys posted on the board a couple of times before i installed, and i used it about 3 days ago on my hair and i have a very oily scalp but after using it its been 3 days and my scalp is still looking good when i usually have to wash it everyday/every other day, I was wondering if its harmful to wash your hair with it alot cause id like to use it all the time from now on so i dont have to wash my hair a whole lot with the extensions...thanks!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 9:08pm

I don't think that it would be healthy for your hair or scalp to use dishsoap all the time.  It's too harsh for regular use, and it will dry your hair and scalp out.  If your scalp is too dry, your body will respond by producing more oil, which of course defeats the purpose.

There are professional products out there for oily scalp conditions.  I can't think of any off hand, but they are out there, and I think that's a better alternative for your hair.

mtolady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtolady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 9:35pm
dishWASHER...or hand dish soap?

the automatic dishwasher gel/cream, etc has BLEACH in it.   that and the combo of hot water eats the food off your dishes....so yea, it would get rid of the oils...but i think it would be way too drying on your scalp.

and the more you dry out your skin, the more oil it will produce to try to keep it hydrated.

my husband uses something called RemoveAll...for when he's been under a car that is just oozing "yuk"....it really strips everything off the hair...but it's just a little bit and he does it once a week.

Suave has an oily hair clarifying shampoo...my 15yo son uses that...thank goodness!
has someone been swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool again?
mtolady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtolady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 9:36pm
LOL....guess it would help if i READ metalgirl's post...instead of reiterating it, eh? 
has someone been swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool again?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic