Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Pictures* of my previous breakage:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Pictures* of my previous breakage:
    Posted: March 21 2005 at 12:09am

Hopefully this will give hope to those who are trying to grow out their hair with extensions.

http://www.haircandy.net/myhair.htm

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 12:37am
Your April 2004 photo is EXACTLY how my hair looks without
extentions.

I wish my hair grew as fast as yours. I've been taking my vitamins
and MSM religiously for a week straight and this time I'm going to
keep it up. My hair before extensions would get just below shoulder
length, break off, I'd trim it, and the cycle repeated itself for years
and years. Even if my own hair can't recover with extensions in, I at
least have the beautiful hair I'd never be able to have otherwise.

I know you have to hear this a lot but you are just amazingly
beautiful. I can't imagine what it must be like to be so stunning. It
must be a handicap sometimes. My gawd.

Gorgeous hair and proof it can be done!
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 12:55am
Kristin.....LOVE YOUR NATURAL HAIR!!

Gosh, I wish my natural hair looked like that last pic you posted.
I don't think I would put extensions in if my own hair was as nice
and thick looking as that. I am not so lucky....my hair is about 1/
3 of the thickness and very spindly on the ends. I am looking
into what my next set of extensions will be!! Vitamins, I think are
a must with extension wear.

Great pics girl.....thanks for sharing!!
Jenn_Again View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenn_Again Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 2:44am
Ditto everything they said! Your natural hair is so gorgeous, you really don't need extensions at all. Even the breakage photos don't look that bad. You must have very thick, strong, fast-growing hair.

I'm in the same boat as SAS....

:)
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 4:42am
Kristen you should be on the OC girl, you're gorgeous xx
StacyMyers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StacyMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 6:01am
Kristin... your roots were soo dark in your first puture.... Just like my hair. Just wondering, how often do you have to have your roots touched up?

Edited by StacyMyers
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 6:28am
First everything everyone has said so far is true you look fabulous in every picture with or without the extensions.

But I have what may be a silly question.  My mother railed for years that in order to get your hair to grow you needed to trim it regularly to keep the split ends from causing more breakage than your head could keep up with. Clearly she was exagerating but I've heard from many that it is a valid point.

How often are you trimming this hair that you are trying to grow out?  whenever the extensions come out?  I can't imagine you've come up with a coordinated way to trim just your hair not the extension hair, though if you have PLEASE share.

:)al
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 7:15am

Wow Kristin, looks like your hair recovered from all the bleach breakage while wearing extensions.  That's amazing. 

You are so cute too!  Love the pictures girl!

amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 11:22am
I love your hair and color! Its such a pretty shade and looks great on you. Do you ever bleach yourself? How long do you keep the bleach in? What strength volume developer do you use?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 6:42pm

Thank you for all your kind words!

It really has been a long process getting my hair back in shape but extensions really got me through it.

Amm: I have to say that the trim I just got in January was my first on since my breakage happened  I would use a little bit of palmade on the fried ends to tame them but that was it... I really feel like that almost helped it get longer faster. Constant trims always seem to cut off any growth you got... IMO...

Jenn_again: I actually was really good at hiding my breakage... If I would have had a picture of when it first happened you'd be shocked... It was horrible. In the three pix I posted from March I was actually wearing extensions but they were kind of action shots where my extensions were behind my ear so you could see a bit of my breakage hanging down in front.... For obvious reasons I don't have any pix of the breakage right after it happened.  Even the pictures from April and July were miracles to find because my extensions were usually only out for a day or two at a time between sets.

Amanda8Beechwoo:    *I'm blushing*

StacyMyers: Oh yeah I've got almost black roots. I end up getting my hair dyed every 4-5 weeks to keep up the look.

mochachip: read my response to Amm above.

Amymusic: I have bleached it myself but that was a long time ago with some wella stuff from Sally's it worked good but I'm almost too scared to try something different after getting through all the breakage I've had 

Edited by CaliforniaKristin
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 4:00am

ur roots r almost black. wow , from the pics i wudnt hav been able to tell. do you have your hair bleached all over. i want blonde xtensions but i also have dark hair. i dont want to bleach all my hair so i was thinking just half head of bleach highlights with blonde xtensions and then brown underneath. do you do individuals at the top? i have been doing wefts but foiund that it looks to obvious the line and makes the roots look worse, i was thinking of doing wefts lower down and micro links at the top. would you agree?

thanks kristen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 12:36am

I had to bleach it all the first time but now I just go in and get the roots touched up. You'll never want to overlap the bleach or your hair will break off like mine did in the past  

I stay about 1" away from my part or any of my hair lines. I do recommend trying a weft with some individuals around the top. This will help you get rid of any mullet look caused by the track

Let us know how it goes

-Krisitin

HannahLu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HannahLu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 7:10am

WOW Kristen, your hair looks FABULOUS girl!!

Like you, I also had extensive damage from way too much bleach (I'm a dark brunette and have an inner-Marilyn Monroe screaming to get out - she made me do it!), and went for the extensions. I had been blonde since the 8th grade, so you can imagine if I am 28 now, and have been a brunette for only a few short months...not too good fo' ma' hair. My blonde-extension-hair looked identical to your May and July 2004 photos.

Also, like you, the extensions have helped me through the nightmare of breakage. There is hope for those in crisis. I've got 'em in now too, and have been for two months (tomorrow). Instead of hiding the mullet like you did, I went for a bob cut. It's just now growing out to where my hair blends better than it did when I first got the extensions. (Word of the wise for those of you who have bob cuts and want extensions: be careful because you will acheive the dreaded mullet look if your extensions are not tapered and cut right after they go in).

And you could give J. Simp a run for her money anyday, girl! Cute!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic