Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PROHAIR FIBER EXTENSIONS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PROHAIR FIBER EXTENSIONS
    Posted: March 21 2005 at 7:27am
Jenny~ Just got my ProHair packet.......here's the info you were
asking about. I'll post the color ring pics when I get it.

~PROHAIR FIBER~

ProHair Natural
Soft Body Wave, 30" long, 3.5 oz.pack......$27.95

ProHair Wavy
1" Curl, 30" long, 3.5 oz.pack......$24.95

ProHair Straight
Straight, 30" long, 3.5 oz.pack......$23.95

ProHair XLS
48" Extra Long Straight, 3.5 oz.pack......$25.95

ProHair Party Pack
Fashion Colors, Natural Texture, 1.75 oz.....$16.95

PROHAIR FIBER COLOR LIST
22-Silver Ashe
01-White
02-Light Blonde
19-Warm Lt. Blonde
03-Ash Blonde
20-Honey Blonde
24-Caramel
21-Golden Ginger
04-Ginger
10-Gold
4R-Medium Copper
23-Light Auburn
05-Light Brown
06-Medium Brown
07-Dark Brown
08-Dark Auburn
8R-Mahogany
09-Black
11-Orange
12-Red
13-Pink
14-Lavender
15-Blue
16-Green
17-Yellow
18-Dark Purple
25-Pale Lilac
31-Neon Orange
32-White Opal-Neon

PARTY PACK COLORS
P33-Cotton Candy Blue
P34-Caribbean Blue-Neon
P35-Fuchsia
P36-Hot Pink-Neon
P37-Emerald Green
P38-Electric Lemon-Neon
P39-Purple Pizzazz-Neon

Edited by Save~A~Stray
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 8:06am
Hey SAS when you say 1" curl you mean that the curls are the size of curls that are made on a 1" curling iron?  This always confuses me.  Are they like one inch ringlets or one inch diameter curls but stretched out along the length?

Oh and does the 48" hair seem to obviously be lower quality than the 30"

Can't wait to see the color ring!

:)al

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 9:41am
Thanks so much, SAS--you're awesome. So it seems like the prices are pretty comprable to Dome's then. It's funny that they charge more for one texture than another, but it's not a big difference or anything. From the photos I've seen, the ProStyles Natural texture is a really nice, subtle wave--very "natural" looking indeed.

Mocha: I have heard from several sources that the longer 48-inch length isn't the same quality as the standard 30-inch. My guess is that it's probably a cheaper blend that's manufactured more for dread-making and hairpieces--things you'd need the longer, double lengths for.

:)
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 12:13pm
COOL! Now who's going to sponsor the group purchase of this item?! I would think it would be worth a free bag of hair for the sponsor!
octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 12:49pm

They have curly?? in light brown?? I want some!! You have to be licenced to buy it?? Hey girls, anybody interested? Kristen, could you carry this?

Octavia

Faces of Pain - One woman's Journey with Chronic Pain
www.octavaia@got-to-have-art.com
A world without ART is a world without color
GOT ART???
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 1:28pm
I'd join in on a group buy.
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 1:46pm
SAS, (or anyone else familiar with prohair) I just bid on this auction,
<a href= "http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item= 67523">clicky here</a>
and I was wondering if you could tell me which shade of prohair the "gothic red" is supposed to be, since I dont see it on your list? THANKS!!!

~Jenn~

Edited by imzadi92
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 2:01pm
Well, I'm definitely in, but let's see what SAS suggests here. (It may be good to keep this on the DL, since we don't know the company's distribution policies are.) There's a color ring for Prostyles halfway down the page on Spookylocks's site: http://www.spookylocks.co.uk/colours.php#PS  I don't see anything called Gothic Red though. :)

imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 2:22pm
maybe its the mahogany/8R? I cant tell since the swatches are a little small.

~Jenn~
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 2:35pm
Hey Jenn,

The 8R looks like a good match to the hair in the auction. That's probably it.

Not to be a naysayer here or anything, but are you sure the hair in the auction is the same as ProHair/Prostyles? I only ask because on the auction, the trademark is presented as
Profibre HairTM  by CONNECT-2-HAIRTM, but the ProHair site presents theirs as ProHair Fiber (no trademark) or Prostyles TM. This may just be a difference of presentation, but when people bother to use trademarks, it's usually for a specific reason, so I wonder why it's different here. I've also never heard of Connect-2-Hair either, which doesn't mean their product isn't legit, but I thought ProHair was manufactured by the Prostyles company.

Anyway, just a thought. :)
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 2:57pm
no I guess I dont know for sure. I have heard of the Connect-2 system of extensions tho (check here http://connecthair.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/ )

but it will prolly be ok since Im just using it for accent streaks. and it was pretty cheap. I'll just have to wait and see.

~Jenn~

imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 3:01pm
hey i just found this chart on angelemma's site http://www.angelemma.com/colors.htm

which claims to be the prostyles hair. the ruby red looks alot like the gothic red color dont you think? I wonder if thats the same shade.

~Jenn~
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 9:59pm
Hi Girls,
I'm so sorry, I can't really answer any more questions about
ProHair at the moment, as my course is not until April. I could
only let you know what textures and prices they have to offer
from the brochure packet I got. I have no idea what their
policies are yet as Jenny said. I have never seen any of the hair
at all. So sorry I can't answer the questions about the curls
either. I will not be able to get my color ring until I do the course
first. I wish I could fill you in a little more, but we will have to
hang on a few till then. Unless someone who has done the
course can fill us in sooner.

It calls the hair ProHair Fiber Extensions (TM) and the company