Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My New PlastikHaar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My New PlastikHaar
    Posted: March 21 2005 at 10:52am
Wow! I love these colors. I still have no clue how I'm going to use them, but I like lining 'em up and staring at the shades: Burgundy Rot, Kirschrot, Barbie Pink, Eisblau, Vanille. Yummy! :)

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 11:20am
Beautiful.

Jenny what kind of shipping did you get?  and when did your order ship?  I'm itching for mine to arrive but its not like its really 'late'

Is Burgund rot UV reactive?  fromyour photo it loks like it might be one of the components of Hot chilli....  Which I should just ask sara but it's not important enough to bother her with.
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 11:51am
burgund rot and hot chilli are actually pretty different colors...

but OH MY I LOVE the look of that kirschrot, even better than it looks  on the PH Site Must.get.some.!!!

~Jenn~
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 12:05pm

I got my color ring and have just been DYING to get some new hair, but its not grown out enough yet!

I swear, I have the paitence of a saint

And the burgandy rot is a BEAUTIFUL color!

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 2:16pm

Those are some pretty hot colors Jenn!!  Is that 28mm?  Ready for your next install yet??

So, are you totally done with human hair now?

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 2:53pm
Bridget: Yeah, for me, human hair's a thing of the past. Later for that noise. And I can tell you, I won't miss the expense or the aggravation one bit. I can now get custom colors in any length or texture for a fraction of the price, and they wear just as well, if not better, than human hair, imo. It's been a bit of a challenge learning to work with this hair, but I really think it's a better option--at least for me--than human. The hair in the photo is actually 50mm, although it's hard to tell what's what looking at the bags.

Kalika: We're praying for your hair to grow. I can't wait to see your next install! How much longer are we talking here?

Jenn: The Kirsch is hot, isn't it? It kind of looks like a blend of magenta and hot chili to me, but I think there's something else in there, too. The lighting in my apartment sucks, so it's hard to see all the nuances of the colors unless I'm hanging my head out the window.

Mocha: I think I got standard shipping (economy, the cheapest option). I've been waiting a little while, but I do think it arrived before the three weeks I thought it would take. The Burgundy Rot is not UV reactive, according to the ring, but I think you may be right: It looks like the Hot Chili (which is UV reactive) may have a bit of the Burgundy Rot in it. It's so hard to tell, though, with this many colors....

:)
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 3:05pm
sara told me the kirschrot is a blend of burgund rot, blut rot and a little himbeere. I think it was 40%, 50% and 10%, respectively. I cant wait to get some!

~Jenn~
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 3:20pm
Ha! Go figure. Like I said, there are so many colors, it's a puzzle. Ah, the possibilities! :)
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 4:04pm
Jenny based on a few of the things I've seen/read of yours here I thought you did the blond thing most of the time.  what are your plans for all the colors?
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 4:08pm

Ok...so where do all you girls get the $/£ for all this hair that all yall are buying....it aint cheap and u girls are always buying new stuff!  what's the secret?

p-s....I'm only asking as I am super jelouse

xx

It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 4:15pm

Shockingpinkpetals... I hear that!!  I want some too

saucyblossom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saucyblossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 5:05pm
I gotta say Jenny I TOTALLY understand  just staring at the colors- Isn't it funny?  Just to contemplate all the beautiful colors on the rings. It's just so fun , and mesmerizing.   My husband yells " Honey what are you doing..? And I yell back  " Lookin at my hair samples, what'd you think.!" LOL
Early years are learning years, make them count!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 5:42pm
SSP: How can I afford it? Well, I stopped buying human hair, for one thing. I was spending $300 and up every two months for human (and believe me, it was nothing to write home about), and before that I paid $1200 for Great Lengths hair and $1300 for Hairlocs per install, whereas all the hair above (5 bags) comes to a grand total of $65 plus shipping. So it may not be cheap exactly, but compared to virtually every other kind of hair, it's a steal. In fact, you could probably do a whole head with three bags for about $39 plus shipping, so you really can't beat it. My pinchbraid installs (not including hair) cost me about $350 now, whereas with GLs and Hairlocs, I was paying about $1200 each time (not including the hair). I'm buying a lot of hair now, of course, but I'm kind of stockpiling it until I figure out a plan for these crazy colors.

Mocha: Yeah, I'm always bleached blonde, so I'm planning to use those for undercolors and streaks. We'll see. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait a few months before I can do that because I have an event coming up for which I'll probably stay all blonde, but we'll see.

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 6:41pm
Oh man, those reds are super luscious. I can't wait to get my order.
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 3:37am
Jenny- you could always make clip-ins, to wear while your extensions have to be natural-colored!

-Rae
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 4:14am

whereas all the hair above (5 bags) comes to a grand total of $65 plus shipping

jenny what hair is it u use for your blonde?

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 5:55am
Rae: I hadn't thought of clip-ins, but it's a good idea. I don't know how I'd do them with bulk hair, though. Lemme know if there's a way to do that.

Kirsty: The blonde hair I have in now is about 50% Dome White to 40% PlastikHaar Satin Blonde to 10% PlastikHaar CremeWeiss (I think). I used a lot of the Dome White because none of these blondes (Vanille, Satin, Platinum--which are all quite similar) are light enough for what I want. However, it turns out Sara has a Perlweiss (non-UV) color that's comparable to the Dome White, so I'll be combining that with the Vanille, probably, going forward. You can't tell from my Avatar, but my hair's really quite pale. This is probably a more accurate reprentation of the color:

For that reason, just using a Vanille would be too dark; I have to blend it with something lighter (like the Perlweiss, which looks a lot like the Dome and Prostyles Whites).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic