Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Waves Forum Moderator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waves Forum Moderator
    Posted: March 21 2005 at 8:59pm
Hey Karen,

Since there seems to be interest among some of the Wavers to take on the moderator role, maybe we'll want to setup a poll, and the top vote-getter gets a run as a trial moderator.

The first 10 names suggested (within this thread) could be put in the poll.  Then the poll could be open for a week, and the top vote-getter named trial moderator.

The moderator would have to be willing to fairly resolve disputes, if there were any... in general, to be sheriff, to "keep the peace."

What do you think?
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 9:06pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion. 

I didn't want to do any new mods at all because of all the problems we had the last time. 

But your idea is a good one I will admit.  I think it could work.  I am willing to try again.

If someone that the majority of the wavers respected for their wave knowledge wanted to be the mod and we asked them to vote for who they thought should be mod that might work.  We could do a trial basis.

But I would want the mod to be who the majority of the folks wanted.

Anyway...could you post how this would all work here so if anyone wanted to be considered they could post and then a poll could be created for everyone to vote?

Thanks Dave. 

Edited by Karen Shelton
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 9:16pm
Hey Karen,

Thanks for being willing to consider this means of identifying a new moderator.

Anybody who wants to apply for the position of trial moderator can submit their own name.  Or, nominate somebody else.  The first ten names submitted will go into a poll, in which any registered user can vote for their preferred candidate (one vote per person).  At the end of a week, the person who gets the most votes has the right to become a moderator on a trial basis.  If, after some time, the moderator is doing a good job and wants to continue, the "trial" would become "regular" ongoing moderator.

Does that seem fair?

Killin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 9:03pm
Yo Killin is hurr!
And its time for my presence to be felt!

Well....welll....and well....if it aint Karen and Dave

Dave and Karen:

I am glad yall finally let somebody have a chance at moderatinag and I told yall once and b4....I can take on this role

I hope fellow voters vote for me cuz I was in the old forum and the new one that isnt on hairboutqe and please....
Dont Get It Twisted becuz I really want to be a MOD

masonbetha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonbetha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 1:28pm
I was orginally the mod and karen I would like to take back whast mine and make this forunm  better place

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 4:56pm

Hey Killin.......

Thanks for throwing your hat...er waves...into the ring.

I think taking a vote is fair and I will abide by who get the most votes and let someone take on the mod of this thread to see how they make it fly.

Agreed?

Lets give it a day or so to see if anyone else wants to be on the list. 

Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 4:58pm

Hey Mason....

We decided to start with a clean slate so we have a new board now.  I appreciate your willingness to mod the old board but the board needed to be locked down and it is going to stay permanently closed.  This is a fresh start.

So we are starting over but you are welcome to jump in and throw your name in to moderate.

Thank you very much.

Karen

Edited by Karen Shelton
masonbetha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonbetha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 7:12pm

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic