Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

school n’ dreads n’ christianity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mibes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mibes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: school n’ dreads n’ christianity
    Posted: March 22 2005 at 3:13pm
hallo, I'm luke.
I really want to grow dreads but my school (tecnicly a christian school)
restricts the length and style of our hair. I intend to try and get written
permission from my headmaster and was wondering if anyone knoe any
stuff in the bible or similer that condones dreads that I could use to
strengthen my argument
thanx
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 3:31pm

Hey u might want to look at information about Rastafarians, they use inserts of the Bible about locs.

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

ke-ke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ke-ke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2005 at 10:19pm
Yeah that's what I would say my husband is a practicing rasta and they do use inserts from the bible when it comes to their hair as well as what they eat just be sure to leave out the part about why the smoke ganja..lol.. HTH

Edited by ke-ke
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 10:22am
I can't believe an employer would restrict the length of your hair just because it's a religious school!  That's appauling!
youngcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2006 at 10:34pm
Sampson had long hair in the bible and that was his strength
young_africa View Drop Down

360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote young_africa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 10:00pm
^^^^thats a good one i wanted to grow my hair out when i was younger but my dad didn't let me bcus he is a strong christian. i should have told him that. i got waves now so i aint intrested in long hair
tajslz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tajslz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2006 at 1:58am

"Jesus Christ had dreads, so shake 'em"

Well maybe he didn't have dreads, but he most definetly had long hair. I used to go to catholic school, and they followed this rule strictly. Use all the biblical references to get permission. Lol
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2006 at 11:40am
Samson did have locks.. and so did jesus... he had locks in his head also..and like young_africa my father is a strong christian(minister) and dont want me growin my hair.. but i got waves now too lol
fimbulwinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fimbulwinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 4:32pm

I've heard a lot of people say that John the Baptist had dreads, but I've never been able to find it in the bible.

joecool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joecool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2007 at 1:32pm

Getting dreads is a sign of giving up  vanity...thats positive...right?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic