Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Maintaining length

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Strawberry-Kisses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strawberry-Kisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maintaining length
    Posted: March 23 2005 at 9:13am

OK, having revently had my haircut quite short I was wondering how often I would need to get it cut in order to maintain the length.

It's a lip length bob with a 'stacked' style back. The longest part is at my lips and the shortest part is below my ear.

I was also thinking of maybe next time I have it cut get it taken to all one length. Not sure. I don't have a pic but I have golden brown hair, thick brow length bangs and wear glasses, do you think a short bob would suit me?

Thanks

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 10:14am

How often you get your hair cut to maintain the style depends on how fast it grows.  If your hair grows really fast, you may need to get a style adjustment (trim) every 4 weeks.  If it grows slower, maybe every 6 weeks.

The average human grows about 1/2 of inch per month.  However, some people only grow 1/8 inch per month and some grow 1 inch per month.

Since your style is "stacked" to keep it looking hot you will need to stay on top of it or the layers will start to grow together.  I would guess that you do the first trim in 3-4 weeks and then extend to 4-5 weeks for the 2nd trim.  You will know by then if you can hold off for 6 weeks or go right at 4.

Also....it is impossible to determine whether a style will suit someone or not w/out a picture.  It is like driving down the highway at 90 miles an hour blindfolded.  :-)  However, if you know your face shape (oval vs round vs square vs triangular/heart, that would be helpful to know.  Or if you can tell us what celebrity you might look like.

What part of your face are you trying to highlight or downplay?  Do you have awesome eyes but a square jaw that you are trying to soften? 

People with oval faces can basically wear any type of bob or style....however, square or round face shapes can only wear certain bobs or else their roundness is accented or chin or whatever.

Post more info and maybe we can give you some more suggestions on good cuts...although a stacked bob right now is sizzling.

Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 2:14am

If you don't know how quickly your hair normally grows, just kinda keep an eye on it.  When it looks like it's losing its shape, or feels "wrong" (too long, shaggy, harder to style, etc.) to you, go for the trim.

More awesome than a manatee!
Strawberry-Kisses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strawberry-Kisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 8:42am

Thanks for your replies guys!

I think I have an oval face, so I can just about get away with anyhthing, right?

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 8:06am
I don't feel there are any "ideal" face shapes, because I appreciate quirky beauty.  I think so long as a woman has a pretty face and enough confidence, she can wear whatever style she wants.
More awesome than a manatee!
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 8:50am
Quick addition to the post of Karen: your hair grows quicker in summer than winter.  So the period to get a haircut is different, it's hard to specify an exact period.  Judge whether it's time when you're in front of the mirror (and hold a second one to look at the back).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic