Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Going to the salon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shadora08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadora08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going to the salon
    Posted: March 25 2005 at 6:09pm
Hey, I'm shadora. I need to know, when you go to the hair salon on a regular basis, what do you ask to be done to your hair? You know, what type of wrap, texturizng, relaxer, flat ironing, etc. I need some ideas for keeping my hair in shape. Thanks
Jesuschrist#1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesuschrist#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 8:57pm
Hey Shadora! When I go to the salon, I just ask for a relaxer (if it's a touch-up) because my hair is relaxed. I recently got it relaxed because before I was growing it out for 5 months. My stylist just touches it up, conditions it, and flat irons it. She doesn't wrap it, but I do wrap it when I wash it at home as well as before I go to sleep at night. I wrap it up using pins and I use silk scarves. In order to keep my hair in shape, I use Wild Growth Hair Oil. I'm new w/ using it, but so far it's working pretty well. This is the only styling product I use. I heard it's also good to eat healthy and drink plenty of water, as well as exercise. My hair is a little past shoulder-length, and my goal is to get it to my mid-arm or bra strap. My hair is not colored, so it's a natural color of black. Hope I helped a little...
shadora08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadora08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 8:28am

Originally posted by Jesuschrist#1 Jesuschrist#1 wrote:

Hey Shadora! When I go to the salon, I just ask for a relaxer (if it's a touch-up) because my hair is relaxed. I recently got it relaxed because before I was growing it out for 5 months. My stylist just touches it up, conditions it, and flat irons it. She doesn't wrap it, but I do wrap it when I wash it at home as well as before I go to sleep at night. I wrap it up using pins and I use silk scarves. In order to keep my hair in shape, I use Wild Growth Hair Oil. I'm new w/ using it, but so far it's working pretty well. This is the only styling product I use. I heard it's also good to eat healthy and drink plenty of water, as well as exercise. My hair is a little past shoulder-length, and my goal is to get it to my mid-arm or bra strap. My hair is not colored, so it's a natural color of black. Hope I helped a little...

Thannks a bunch!!!!

Jesuschrist#1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesuschrist#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 1:30pm
You're very welcome. Also I don't use heat on my hair. If you must use heat, please get a high-quality cermanic flat iron. This doesn't damage the hair, it just smoothes it out, also be sure to let your hair air dry instead of blow drying it. Try not to relax, if your hair is relaxed, often. Get touch-ups every 2-3 months. Wash at least once a week and condition with a leave in conditioner. Don't use too many styling products, a nice wrap can help you achieve the right look w/o overdoing it with sprays.
shadora08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadora08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 1:03pm
Anyone else?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic