Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about doing extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
X-tend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X-tend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about doing extensions
    Posted: March 25 2005 at 8:21pm

Hi Everyone!!! I am new to your awesome forum. I think it is the best I have seen so far for extension information. You girls rule!

I have been doing extensions for friends for years, but now I would like to start doing it more as a profession. I am not a licenced cosmetolgist, I had a permit years ago but didn't follow through.

I know you can not cut hair or use chemicals (as a profession ) without being licenced, however does anyone know if this applies to doing hair extension as well?  I am sure that it might vary state to state, but does anyone happen to know if you can in MA?

Thanks for keeping a up such an informative forum!

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 8:32pm
I would call your State Board of Cometology and find out from them.  The law varies greatly from state to state.
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 9:15pm
Yup. In addition, some of the states have fiddly regulations, like in CA you can work in a braiding salon but not a regular saloon, and in FL you have to take a special health and safety weekend course. So yeah, call the state cosme board, or check your state's website (usually under the Board of Professional Regulation).

-Rae
X-tend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X-tend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 11:24pm
Thank you girls!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic