Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Garnier 100% Color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garnier 100% Color
    Posted: March 26 2005 at 1:17pm

I should have known better.  One look at the picture on the box and I should have said..."That looks kinda purple-y".

I dyed my currently medium brown hair with Garnier 100% in Mahogany Red Brown.  I was expecting a richer reddish sort of dark brown.  I now have magenta hair. 

I like it, but wow, I was not expecting so much purplish-ness in the dye.  I think I'll just fade the red out a bit with some hot showers and some dandruff shampoo.

On the bright side, Garnier includes some seriously good conditioner.  My hair is so soft and touchable, albeit purple red.

Edited by gizmo
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 2:06pm
ive had that happen to me before. you could try to fade the red out, it will fade pretty fast. or you could try a brown color depositing shampoo and conditioner. i like Quantum browns, they sell it at sally beauty. 
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 3:37am

So long as you like it, there's no hurry to fade it or anything.  Just enjoy it as it is, and watch to see what it fades to in its own time.  Hopefully you'll like that as well.

More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic