Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HH/PH Shrinkie/Dome Combo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HH/PH Shrinkie/Dome Combo
    Posted: March 26 2005 at 2:33pm

The curl is definitely falling. Look at the back. This is after washing & setting in the big velcro rollers.

I removed *two* of the Dome extensions I had in the front of my hair, mainly because I fried the ends and had cut them too short for framing my face. First off: removal was EFFORTLESS. I put some keratin remover on the seal, cracked it, then undid the little braid.

Here's something to note: LOOK AT THE VOLUME of hair that was in just TWO Dome braids. . . I will *always* use this method for the back of my hair for this reason. Also there was *no* damage to my hair in the removal process.

I removed all the PH shrinkies from the front of my hair and replaced them with GlamourHair 18/22 French Refined. I also put a few GH pieces on the crown. I would say I have 15-20 shrinkies around my hairline and the front of my hair.

General thought: For volume, especially in the back and on the sides, PH and Dome/Pinchbraids ROCK. For styling control and smaller/shorter pieces around the front, I am liking the GH, but am thinking of getting the WaWa 27/613 and trying it also.

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 3:04pm
Your hair still looks amazing Fina, I pefer it without the extra length as it was somewhat drowning out your face and you're so beautiful chick xxx
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 3:09pm
Well, I have to say, your hair looks gorgeous. I love all the blonde highlights, and the wave is just perfect from the front. Those heat-seals look a lot like pinchbraids when they're removed, with that little loop on the top; I'm glad the removal was quick and painless.

Per the back, if you have any of the initial wave left at all (even if it's loose), I'm amazed--it's been about a month now, yes? Mine went straight within a week. Did you try using hot rollers on the back? If the Velcros won't work, perhaps the hot rollers will. They take my hair from stick straight to curly in no time.

Again, it's gorgeous--I love that you're combining different methods and hair to get the perfect look!

:)

Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 3:16pm
Yip, I am so diggin your hair Fina!! Looks awesome!!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 3:43pm
I am SO digging your hair as well! You're really doing an amazing job with the styling...I am blown away. I'm also blown away at how the curl has gone away and it doesn't look frizzy...I am just FREAKING OUT with how curly and frizzy mine is and it's only been less than a week - I can't even deal.

Fina, your styling in the front is perfect - really frames your pretty face - the colors, cut especially...terrific. I would give ANTHING to be able to do that. Just gorgeous, chick! LOL
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 5:41pm
That's beautiful. The 18/22 is a perfect blend. I'm all for mixing different types and textures of hair as I think the results are far more successful.

I sure wish I knew someone around here who did the pinchbraids or heatseal method. I would love to have that done.

Thanks for the pics! They make me feel better about getting the 28mm now.

Edited by amm
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 6:19pm

I've been continuing to 'jack' with it today -- I added a few #27 WaWa pieces as well as some of that friggin' EbonyOnLine 613. It mildly 'bends' with hot rollers.

Something I forgot to mention: My 'tips' for the front are 1/16" long, AND I cut a shrinkie in HALF, making it about 1/8". It's tricky getting that tiny tip in the tiny shrinkie, but I"m telling you, there are nearly undetectable.

AMM - do NOT be afraid of the 28mm. You don't seem to have many layers in your hair, and if that's the case, the 28mm works beautifully (ie. the back of mine). I didn't put rollers in it prior to the photo above. And YES to the mixing theory!!

Also, just as a testimony to this fabulous hair - I styled it *after* I went running this morning, in the rain, with a baseball cap on. . . (I didn't wash inbetween, I know that's disgusting, but I was feeling lazy). . .

-Fina

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 6:44pm
Fina - looks great!

What method is this one you will now always use? Shrinkies with braids?

I here ya on being too lazy to wash the hair even after a long sweaty run.  It's so much effort and often makes the fake hair into a mess faster if you do it a lot.

I'm glad to hear about the tiny tip tiny shrinkie action I haven't done around my face yet ad that should help.  Are those tips also smaller in diameter?

:)al

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 7:07pm
For reference, you don't need to put the keratin remover on; just crack the seal. Afaik keratin remover doesn't do anything to synth hair anyway, and I think it's best to keep it off natural hair if possible.
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 2:11pm

Rae - You're right, in most cases of heat seals you don't have to put the remover on; however on caucasian hair Bettie uses a small amount of glue as well.  I did try just cracking it, but it didn't work. But with a very small amount of remover it worked quite easily. Honestly it was NOTHING Like removing fusion extensions, or even shrinkies for that matter. . .

-Fina

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 7:30pm
Fina, your hair is rockin!  It looks so natural... love the layers around your face too!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic