Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help with my hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxsecret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxsecret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with my hair.
    Posted: March 28 2005 at 6:44pm

hey, i've got very dark brown hair and i've never colored it. i was wondering what store bought hair coloring kits you would recommend for me to go a light brown. i've thought about the feria hi-lift colors but i don't want my hair to go red. what would u recommend?

Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 12:57am

I don't really recommend the feria hi-lift browns. If you've never done this urself before it would be a *really* good idea to get it done in the salon to get exactly what ur looking for. A good colorist should have no trouble getting a dark brown to light brown w/ out warmth. However, if u insist on doing it alone, and since its not like ur going blonde u could get ur color from sally's. Do a strand test beforehand. Here's one thing u COULD do. Buy Clairol Complements color in the brown shade of your choice that has an Ash or green base, to help counter-act the red. Use 30 vol. developer with ur color becuz it helps lighten and deposit color. Follow the directions and the stated time for lifting virgin hair. However, I really wouldn't recommend you do something like lifting haircolor alone, you wanna avoid disasters if you can. Or they have this new hair color, Bigen Xpressive powder permanent hair color that lifts and deposits in one step by just adding water, but i don't know how well this works cuz its new and i haven't tried it: http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1410/199200 Its in this link if you wanna see.

Seriously though, I strongly recommend going to a pro, esp. if its your first time putting ANY color on your hair. I hope I haven't freaked u out or anything and also hope this has helped!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic