Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yikes..."Easy Straight" = Disaster!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VeeDubGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yikes..."Easy Straight" = Disaster!!!!
    Posted: March 28 2005 at 7:12pm
Ok, currently I'm going through a bit of hair troubles, actually alot of hair troubles. Last night I purchased a product called "Easy Straight", I applied it, and followed the directions perfectly. After I finished, I sat down to watch some tv while it dried. As it was drying I noticed it felt terrible, but I assumed this was normal from the processing. I then decided to see what it looked like and, gasp!!! it actually ripped the color right out of my hair and now it's breaking like crazy. I went from dark red curly hair to semi-straight to wavy dark blond that is incredibly frazzled! I disobeyed the instructions and re-wet my hair and added tons of deep conditioner right away and put a plastic cap on . I left it on over night and rinsed it in the morning, and yet again put in more deep conditioner and left it in with a cap all day. I just rinsed it out and put some silicone product in and am currently waiting for it to finish drying at the moment. I already made an appointment with my hairdresser tomorrow (she'll be so mad at me!!!) I know that my ends are so fried that they need to come off right away, but I'm afraid my hair needs much much more, it feels terrible right now. Please, anyone have any suggestions? I'm pretty scared and desperate here!!!
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 6:21am

Yikes!!! Did you previously have any chemical processes like a perm or color recently that could have reacted with that product and how it was suppose to work? I hope ya make out ok at yer hairdresser and get it fixed up. G'luck

Claude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 7:20am
Well, I did color it about a month eearlier, but the packaging on the straightening product said it was fine for even, "fine and color treated/processed hair" so I thought, wow, that's me! Now it's braking like crazy and I'm going to have to cut most of it off today Thanks for wishing me good lick though, I'll need it! 
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 7:31am
I've read that a lot of people have ruined their hair with home straightening kits. They need stronger warnings on the label. Did it recommmend a strand test?
Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 7:39am
Ugh, good luck at the hairdresser's. A lot of people have had problems with Easystraight even when they used it totally properly, and I may have heard that some are looking into a class action suit of sorts. This still sucks, though.
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 8:54am
It actually didn't tell me to do a strand test, the box really stressed how it was "the most gentle straightener on the market" ha!! Oh well, it was a lesson learned  I found some cute short hairstyles that I really like, so maybe some good will come out of this yet! i'm going to the salon soon, I'll let everyone know how it went 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 12:55pm
Just returned from the stylist, and she was able to save my hair, (well, most of it anyway). I was fortunate enough to get a cute (short) style, but unfortunate that I lost about 50% of my hair  I also will be unable to dry or style my hair for a couple of weeks, which will be quite tough. But, I guess the moral of the story is: "Beware of Easy Straight!" 
LongBraidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 12:23pm

Hi VeeDubGirl,

I know your anguish and I can sympathize with you. I suffered from the very same hair blooper a year ago 3/12/04    My poor hair was completely fried after I used an "Ogilvie Hair Straightener". I consulted 3 Hairdressers and I found that I had no alternative but to buzz each and every inch of my hair completely off. It was REALLY that bad!!!! I called the company and spoke with a representitive...she had no compassion for me at all. I agree that these hair products should have stronger warning labels posted on them. A year has passed and I have learned alot, especially from this site. I now take much better care of my hair. I'am lucky I guess because my hair grows in spurts...sometimes 1/2 an inch a month...sometimes 3/4 of an inch a month. I can now pull my hair up comfortabably into a bun, braid it, or just wear it in a pony tail. I have sworn to NEVER use a hair straightener ever again and I will keep that promise to myself. If I get fly aways...frizzies...etc...I just deep condition and then lightly oil my hair and it look's sleek. I really am sorry that you was drug into the same broken promises on a box of chermicals as I was.

Edited by LongBraidz
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 5:35pm
Yeah, I think the worst part is how innacurate the warnings and claims are on these things. I guess there is actually a class action law suit against the makers of "Easy Straight", but I'm not certain. But from now on I wil be much more careful with my hair! 
LongBraidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 7:20pm

Hello again VeeDubGirl,

I couldn't agree with you more that alot of the manufacture's of these strong chemical hair products should indeed post more accurate warning labels on their packages.    to all hair straightners!!!!

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
tb88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 2:33pm
Wow!  I'm surprised to read this post.  I stumbled onto this forum because I was doing a search for where to buy the Easy Straight product.  I've been using it with no problems every three months for the last 4-1/2 years.  Admittedly, it does make my hair frizzy but that's easily taken care of with the leave-in conditioner they provide or any other anti-frizz product.

Anyway, I'm sorry to read anyone has had problems with the product.  It sounds truly horrible.  Best of luck.
jamaicagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2010 at 7:12am
I too have used this product and had no problems with it. I loved how my hair turned out. It is important to state that I followed the instructions to a tee. About mid way through the process my hair felt strange with the product on it but I continued the process they way it instructed and it all turned out great. It was super soft, not frizzy and had a great shine. I love it surprised and sad to hear of your unfortunate encounter. I was searching for the product to add to my facebook page so my friends could check it out. I've used it in my daughters hair and it turned out great there as well.
arabellatrevino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arabellatrevino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2011 at 4:48pm
do you happen to still have the instruction
to the easy straight?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic