Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yikes..."Easy Straight" = Disaster!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VeeDubGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yikes..."Easy Straight" = Disaster!!!!
    Posted: March 28 2005 at 7:18pm
Ok, currently I'm going through a bit of hair troubles, actually alot of hair troubles. Last night I purchased a product called "Easy Straight", I applied it, and followed the directions perfectly. After I finished, I sat down to watch some tv while it dried. As it was drying I noticed it felt terrible, but I assumed this was normal from the processing. I then decided to see what it looked like and, gasp!!! it actually ripped the color right out of my hair and now it's breaking like crazy. I went from dark red curly hair to semi-straight to wavy dark blond that is incredibly frazzled! I disobeyed the instructions and re-wet my hair and added tons of deep conditioner right away and put a plastic cap on . I left it on over night and rinsed it in the morning, and yet again put in more deep conditioner and left it in with a cap all day. I just rinsed it out and put some silicone product in and am currently waiting for it to finish drying at the moment. I already made an appointment with my hairdresser tomorrow (she'll be so mad at me!!!) I know that my ends are so fried that they need to come off right away, but I'm afraid my hair needs much much more, it feels terrible right now. Please, anyone have any suggestions? I'm pretty scared and desperate here!!!
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:40am

There's a lady that had this same kind of disaster with Easy Straight. I'll try and see what she did to get her hair back in good shape. http://www.makeupalley.com/user/notepad/snafuish/

I agree that you should see your hairdresser and see if she could cut most of the damage off. I'm so sorry. Easy Straight is evil. They make it look so nice in the magazines.

Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
VeeDubGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 1:14pm
Wow, thanks for the link, what she describes is exactly what happened to me. Fortunately I was able to get a cute short cut that I like (unfortunately I lost about 50% of my hair!) I'll still need several more trims and lots of TLC before I get the dead hair off. You are definitely right about Easy Straight being evil! 
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 1:43am
OMG! Poor u! And to think I was actually sooo close to purchasing it during the christmas holidays...thank god i stopped myself!!! Well I hope it works out for you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic