Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

uh-oh....length!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shadowfyre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: uh-oh....length!
    Posted: March 28 2005 at 8:11pm

Hello...been loving this board! I think I made a mistake, though....ERm...

I ordered the wawa hair from vixenwigs on ebay as I've heard good things. I wanted to use the hair as open ended braids (about 2 inches or so of braid, then loose, sealed with an elastic).

I just realized, now though, that the hair is only 20 -22 inches. When I braid my synth in, I generally double it....if I do this it will only give me 10 inches of hair. I feel sooooo stupid.

Is there a way to modify this? I thought of pulling half the hair about 3 inches, and leaving half the original length, but not sure how that will look once installed. Perhaps I have to resell the hair.

Next time I'll pay better attention to details. GRRR.

leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 9:15pm
You can braid like they do with human hair...only fold it over enough to braid it.  You'll have one side like 3 inches long (just enough to do the braid) and the other side will be 17 inches.
mtolady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtolady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 6:45am
leaving parts short underneath will give more volume to the rest of your hair as well....everything will "sit up" on that shorter part.
has someone been swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool again?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 12:04pm

Assuming I braided it as real hair, and left a few inches on one side, and the other longer.....is the short side going to poke out? Also, will this require me to make more braids, as the hiar in each braid will not be double thickness, but half? Do I need to change the ratio of hair?

Sorry bout all the questions but this will be my first attempt braiding my own head with loose and I'm a bit overwhelmed.

Thanks to all who answered!

mtolady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtolady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 1:24pm
you'd still have the same thickness in your braid, but the long length would be thinner..and the short length would be puffier....i have no clue if it will stick out so i can't answer that one.

how long did you want to be???  in the lowest layers by the nape of your neck, you could do those much longer/much shorter combos....then another couple rows up go a little longer/a  little shorter combo....and then in the middle to the crown, perhaps go with almost evens.

so like the first couple rows would be 17"/3"...and then maybe 14"/6"...and then 10/10"

girls??? any thoughts on what that would do??? i'm thinking that would be similar to Kalika's prelayering...which i must say is genius....what a fox!
has someone been swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool again?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 1:28pm
Wow, thats a great idea! Thank you! I think I will give it a try!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 5:25pm

UPDATE!!!!!

I fell in love with the bounce of the PH wave and ordered 5 packs of that instead. anyone interested in 4 packs of wawa 22" 27/613? LOL

I ordered from plaastichair today and got the rush delivery....anyone used the urgent option before?

I'm hoping I'll have it within the week as I'm psyched to get this project underway.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic