Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finding Your Photo on Random Websites

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding Your Photo on Random Websites
    Posted: March 30 2005 at 6:25pm
I was just googling fusion bonds, and sure enough, I find a photo of my hair (when I had hairlocs, which were shortly thereafter a nightmare) on some random stylist's website. This is like the third time this has happened to me. Apparently, this stylist offers hairlocs and fusion, but she certainly didn't do my hair, and I hated both of those methods so I don't want my photo up there as advertising for her. Meanwhile, I don't know if my previous stylist (and I use that term loosely) gave the photos to her when I asked her to remove them from her site or if this woman simply stole them. Either way, it's some bullsh*t.

Any suggestions about how I should proceed on this?

:)
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 6:31pm
Oh my! They can't use your photo's without permission, you should email them asking them to remove it asap.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 6:36pm

That's BS............Big, Hairy BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'll be watermarking mine tonite!

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 6:41pm
Total Bullcrap....I PM'ed you Jenny. Yeah girls mark your pictures or they may end up on some random website. Jenny, this is the third time you've found your pictures on other sites?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 6:48pm
Yup. Keep in mind that these aren't photos I took and posted online. They were photos that stylists I no longer use took and posted. In this case, I specifically requested that my picture be removed years ago from my former stylist's site, which she did do, but then it pops up here.

Anyway, what follows is an email I just shot off. If it isn't removed, I will post this stylist's site here. (Oh, and I have the original picture, btw, if she even wants to claim it's her work.)

To Whom This May Concern,

While searching the Internet today, I stumbled upon your website. Much to my surprise, I found a photo of my hair all over your site--a picture that was taken years ago by a stylist I no longer use or reccommend. I had major problems with the hairlocs method and, as such, chose not to continue with it.

I'm not sure whether this photo was given to you by that stylist or if you simply duplicated it from her site. Either way, though, it is not your work, and you do not have my permission to post it.

I am requesting that you remove the photo immediately. It is the one with the long, straight, light-blonde hair. It currently appears on your Services page, your Photos page, and your "How are extensions applied?" page. Please remove the photo in those places and anywhere else it may appear. And please contact me when you have done so.

All the best...

Grrr....
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 6:52pm
Hit the "Print Scrn" button on your keyboard and open up a photo
program and hit paste. Save the jpg and mail it to yourself.

Write or call the salon and give them two options:

#1: Take the photo down.

#2: Leave the photo up and you'll be contacting an attorney
to seek royalties from this date forward for any extension money
their salon brings in.

One can ONLY come to the conclusion in a claims suit, Jenny, that the
only reason people went to that stylist for work is because of YOUR
photo they're using for advertising.

Personally, I like option #2.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 6:54pm
You really concluded with "all the best?"

Now, see, I would have concluded with "the business end of my
stiletto is currently up your @ss."

But that's just me.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 7:08pm
no no amm  a quote my dad used in a letter to a major airline reagrding a problem he had with them after haaving been one of those crazy ass frequent fliers "I suggest you perfrom an inprobable act in an impossible manner"  One of the most polite and eloquent ways I've ever heard to sum up two words that are often accompanied by a gesture that uses just one finger.

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 7:11pm
LOL--don't do that when I'm drinking, girls.

Diet coke sprayed all over the monitor....

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 7:58pm
The witch. Is that you in the before picture with the kind of, um, kinky hair? The after is nice, but to be honest, your PH looks much better.
Poor Jenny. It's been a long, difficult hair road.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 8:11pm
Did I post the link here? I didn't think so. You might be thinking of another site that steals photos, Syren (there are so many it seems). My hair's actually pin-straight. I'll PM ya' with the URL. :)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 10:23pm
hey Jenny check your messages!
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 10:34pm
Eeeevil. That's why I watermark all my photos- I'd feel AWFUL if photos of my clients turned up on someone else's website. They're nice enough to let me use their image, so I feel obligated to keep it from being stolen.

But yeah, Jenny, what you've done is basically the best first step. If they don't respond within a few days, call them! A phone call is much more intimidating than an email. :)

-Rae
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 12:45am
Did you get any replys Jenny?  How weird to be looking on the internet and then find a picture of yourself.  On the other hand they must of really liked what you looked like to post it.  It's better to be a do than a don't .
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 2:51am
You go girl Jenny xxx Give them some stick, that's disgusting xx
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 2:54am
I agree with the girls here and watermark all the pics
you post on the forum. You girls go out your way to post pics
and share with others here. You don't know who is lurking
around to steal your pics!! My web designer finished my front
page and the minute I saw it. I called him and said..... where did
this pic come from that you used? I told him he must not take
any pics from any other hair site. He told me not to worry, he got
it from a free pic site he uses for all this websites he designs. I
will take all my own pics for my site when I get up and running. I
will get some new before and afters. I will watermark every pic
for this reason.

Jenny, you know because you're a perfect model .....it is going
to be easy for someone wanting to steal and use your pics for
an ad. I think they will respond and take the picture down.

Edited by Save~A~Stray
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 4:57am

hey - you forget to send me the url ;)

Im feeling left out lately cause I dont have any hair

clairey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 5:47am

Thats mad!! I always come across photos but thats because I work at a lot of car shows....

Although yesterday I found a site that was selling yes selling!! a picture of myself and my friend taken while we were working at a car show over the weekend!!Ive complained as its completely illegal so hes taking down all the pics!!

grrrrrrr

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 5:49am
...I wont mention what kinds of pics of me are floating around that shouldnt be
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Kalika Kalika wrote:

...I wont mention what kinds of pics of me are floating around that shouldnt be

LOL!! Don't worry, Kalika - people are probably just looking at your mohawk!
And then there's this one:

I know it's not really you. It's Kalika from Babylon 5.

Edited by Syren123
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic