Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GAH! PH ring is here! PH ring is here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 12:45pm
Hmm...maybe Rae, Fina, Mer, and/or Kalika can weigh in on the PH, and AMM, Octavia, and others on the WaWa. I've had the most luck with the technique I've outlined above, but maybe they have some tips that would help.

I will say that I don't think the PH responds well to being cut straight across with a standard scissor; you need to cut into it, trim with a feather scissor, or cut with a razor. Also, the brush you're using could be causing snags.

Anyway, good luck; hopefully, some others will chime in.

:)
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 1:32pm
I definitely think PH needs to be razored thinned whatever to keep from tangling on itself.  I don't know how long you are wering it but the way the ends are tobegin with is a good start but it needs a little razoring beyond that in my opinion.(using any which method you like)

I however haven't really worried about maintaining the curl.  I was just razoring the ends a weft for clip ins and then razoring the ends of open ended  braids to keep them happy and that's different then what hair is subjected to loose on your head.  Mine seems to be doing okay so far but I've only had it in for 1/2 to one week(took a while to complete the install).

I'll let you know what happens as it happens with my head.

imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 2:02pm
are feathering scissors and thinning shears the same thing? I do have some thinning shears. used to have a razor too but i have no idea what happened to it.that may be a problem since the ends are mostly blunt cut. i did put in a few long layers but that doesnt do much to break up the ends.

I love the dome care mist and the downy lavender-vanilla fabric softener, both work pretty well with this hair. I also have some of the dome smooth conditioner and a dome brush coming in the mail, hopefully those will help.

~Jenn~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic