Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AnaisSatin this is for you

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AnaisSatin this is for you
    Posted: April 02 2005 at 1:19pm

Basically it should look like a root. It doesn't steep well if you let it sit in boiling water without actually boiling it on the stove, or. you can also put it in a slow cooker with plenty of water.

HTH

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 3:01pm

Ooh.  I've never heard of this before.  Thanks, both of you.  Happily, an authentic Chinese herbalist has recently opened in my City Centre, so I should be able to get some. 

Are there any special preparation requirements?

http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 10:17pm

ahh thanks, my natural color is quite dark, and personally I would love to make it even darker if thats a possability.  Can only try and see.  Hopefully it will work on someone with brown hair.

P.S. the hair is extensions

P.P.S. thanks for the warning about the laxative!!!

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:47pm

Hi Kalika,

It's called Hou Shou Wu, and it's a Chinese herb. The only problem is that I don't know whether it works on the non-blackhaired. My hair is black already so I don't know if it makes hair (a) darker or (b) return to natural color. Basically HSW is what they call a blood tonic, making your circulatory system more efficient, and improves circulation. It can also triple sperm count in men and increases women's fertility too.

......(WOW your hair looks terrifffffic!)

There are two kinds of HSW: prepared and unprepared. The prepared kind is what you want. and the older the pHSW the better. (The unprepared kind has totally different properties, including that of a laxative.)  You can get HSW at an authentic Chinese herbalist. 

HTH
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 7:30am

Hi, sorry to kinda barge in on ya, but I remember browsing through here before you mentioned a tea to prevent gray hair.  Im only 21 but the little buggers have been sneaking in since I was 16, if oyu have any info on the tea I would be much obliged

Thanks!

Edited by Kalika
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic