Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help In LA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sfgurlnla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfgurlnla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help In LA
    Posted: March 31 2005 at 7:46am

hi - my hair was on the verge of really being damaged then i got braids. well apparently i left them in too long (2 months) results in major breakage, so much of my hair came out that it looks like i'm balding. i'm horrified, my hair is usally very healthy and medium thick , its is not weak and very thin. what can i do to revive it? i'm looking up everything i can - but i need to know a good, concrete way to prevent this from happening again. i've messed up my hair before and its fine, but right now, i'm freaking out!!!!

i have a relaxer, but have patches missing, broken edges and temples. i dont know what to do, i want to wear a hat every day. no one can tell, but i know which makes it worse.

my diet is not very good, i need to lose weight (not a lot, just a little) as well. i wont get braids for a long time now.

Edited by sfgurlnla
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:02am

IMO, first of all- no heat, no chemicals and no braids at all until you resolve your issue with the breakage. Take vitamins- biotin, msm, a good multi-vitamin, a good hair, skin and nails vitamin, maybe, evening primrose oil and fish oil. Drink at least 64 fluid oz of water daily.

Next- i would start using a good hair butter that stimulates growth such as an organic hair butter made by freshlymade cosmetics. It can be purchased at www.freshlymade.biz  

Moisturize daily- maybe twice a day. At nite- you may want to try the baggie method. Apply a thin plastic conditioning cap over your head after moisturizing. Do scalp massages for at least 5 minutes after moisturizing.

I would also shampoo and deep condition weekly (with heat for 30-45 mins). Find a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Some suggestions for deep conditioners- Lamaur's bone Marrow, Cholesterol and Rx professional prescription replenish hair repair treatment (all can be found at Sally's beauty supply).

Keep in mind that i am 100% natural- no longer permed but these ideas should help and start you on the right path to fixing your problem. Good luck.

Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
sfgurlnla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfgurlnla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:27am

thank you so much! my only question is how do i make a moderate transition- my hair is freshly touched up- so for now my entire head is relaxed...what kind of styles can i do beyond tying it back (loosely) into a bun??? plus, my skin in sensitive so i need make sure what i buy wont cause inflammation.

suggestions?

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 9:46am
the bun is a good idea, maybe- 2 strand twists, wigs, hair falls or a phonypony or phonybun. the organic hair buter i mentioned should be fine to use- it's ingredients are:lavender, nettle, sage, rosemary,roses, horsetail, soy protein,shea butter, cocoa butter, mango butter, organic essential oil blend and vitamin e.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
sfgurlnla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfgurlnla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 10:34am

its not bad enough for wigs! dont say that!

ugh.

awesome, i'm ordering today, thank you!!!!

weaveitup^_^ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaveitup^_^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 6:35am

try a protein treatment to stop the breakage.

sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 2:57pm

I had this problem before.  What happened was I relaxed my hair, then got the braids (I don't know what I was thinking).

But later after I took them out my hair was soooo damaged and breaking like crazy.  I deep conditioned my hair twice a week and kept my hair in plaits under wigs for a whole year.  Not only did my hair come out nice and thick, but healthier too.

Edited by sugaplum
100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
Cinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 12:11pm

I agree with weaveitup!  Lekair Cholesteral is one of my fav's.

I use it and sit under the dryer for about an 45 minuts to an hour - this stuff has done wonders for my hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic