Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Babies Born w/Full Head Of Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Babies Born w/Full Head Of Hair?
    Posted: March 31 2005 at 2:01pm

Some babies are born with a full head of hair.  Other babies are born completely bald.  Some babies are born with hair somewhere in between.  So what is the reason that babies differ so much in their hair content? Is it genetic?  Does it differ by each baby born in a family?

Share your experiences with your own babies.  Were they born with lots of hair, no hair or somewhere in between?  Was that true for all your babies or what was your experience?

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
abeka24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abeka24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 1:24pm
My daughter was born with a full head of dark brown hair-a shock to me because I was white-blonde which was my hair color until I was about 12 or 13.  (Her father's hair is light brown) Most of it fell out and grew back blonde except for a brown patch at the nape of her neck.  Luckily that faded and she's all blonde now!
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 4:04pm
I was born w/ almost no hair, and as i understand it I stayed that way untill about 1 or 2. My son however was born with a full head of brown hair, shiny and straight. It has stayed that way, except in the back. The spot he slept on has turned curly, but is the same color.

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 6:09pm
I have no children, but myself and my siblings were all born with a head full of hair.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2005 at 8:21pm
I was born with little hair---I was bald!  And Mom says that it took foever for my hair to grow in.  Now, my kids were all bald also. I didnot know about my husband-I never took the time to ask his mom, (and now she is no longer with us).  Now my grandkids were born with hair!  In fact one of my grandkids had a head full!  Good thread!  Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 7:12am
I love this new board, as my baby IS my hobby and actually my entire life these days.

Emily was born with a full head of hair, just as my husband and I were. We both have pretty thick hair so I was pretty sure she would be.

Every day, more and more wave appears in her hair. My husband's hair is pin straight (though thick and gorgeous).   So she is getting my wavy hair, yay! I've cut hers three times already! Yes, I've saved the hair in zip-lock bags!

Emily, one day old

And On Easter Sunday

Not the best pic of her but it's one of the few where my own hair is actually down. I've worn it up almost exclusively for the last almost 10 mths.

Edited by Elissa
[/url]

Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 6:11pm
WOW Elissa she did have a headful!  She is so pretty!  Did she rub it off in the back like most babies do?  Debbie
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2005 at 2:41pm
Thanks! No, as she was a stomach sleeper. But she did get a bunch of bald spots for no reason other than that's what they do at about 6 weeks. It came back though!
[/url]

LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2005 at 4:06pm

my daughter was born with a full head ~ this is at 1 week

and now at one year old it is soooo curly

Edited by LauraR
masonbetha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonbetha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 7:22pm
I wont my abay to born with full hair he is coming in december

Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 7:58pm

She is a doll, LauraR!!!!!!!  What a cutie!

Masonbetha, good luck with your soon to be baby!  And I do hope the baby  is born with a head full of hair! 

masonbetha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonbetha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 8:56pm
Thanks debbie

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 11:33am
Wow, Laura! Look at all that beautiful hair!

Good luck Masonbetha!
[/url]

LIL J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIL J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 3:43pm
true
homie if u keep on brushing you will be spinning lyke twista
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 7:49am
my curly cue babe, she is getting so big!

[/url]

_thumbelina_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _thumbelina_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 5:35pm

She's adorable ^

As for me, I was born with a full head of hair, pretty long comparitevely too. It never fell out or anything, nor did it change colour in any way!

"You were the movie of my life, starring you instead of me"
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 8:53pm

My daugther had a ton of hair when she was born!    I had quite a bit when I was a baby too, and so did my husband. 

There is an old wives tale that if you have lots of heartburn your baby will have lots of hair.....I never had any heart burn with my little princess.  Her hair has changed...she was quite dark when she was born, then it turned reddish, and then finally a dark strawberry blonde.  She never lost any of it, and it has always had the same texture....straight!!

When she was first born -

At 8 mo just before her first haircut -

And currently -

Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 2:19pm

My son was born with THICK curly hair, but then again, so was I. He got the thickness from me, but the texture of his father's hair (fine, but straight/wavy).

I HAD to have his hair cut 2 months ago (he's 16 months) because it tangled so much. He already needs another haircut.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic