Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FYI: EbonyOnline = HotStuff Fusion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FYI: EbonyOnline = HotStuff Fusion
    Posted: April 01 2005 at 7:03am

Hi gals,

I got my order of 27/613 HotStuff Fusion hair yesterday. I ordered the "Yaky Bulk" (mistakenly instead of the wavy one) and it is, I believe, the *same product* as the thermal synth I got from EbonyOnline ("new age fiber").

All the 27/613 is, by the way, is a bundle of 27's mixed with 613's. If the 613 was by itself it would be indistinguishable from the 613 I got from Ebonyonline. (The one I'm having trouble getting a curl out of, at least initially).

It behaves *exactly* the same way, feels *exactly* the same, and comes in the same packaging (just with a different printed insert).

-Fina

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 8:40am
The only thing I can think is that separate companies buy the same hair and advertise/sell it under their own label.

Kinda like how farmers sell their produce and you'll get the same green beans but they're sold by different companies. Odd comparison but it's the only thing I can think of. Plus, I must be hungry.
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 10:38am
Exactly.

BTW: Both types of hair, the Hotstuff and the New Age Fiber from Ebony, are a DREAM to work with. . . I had to replace a bunch of PH on the sides of my head (OK, I did fry them). . . and I think I actually like the thermal synth better than human. . . or at least it's REALLY close. . .
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 12:48pm
Ha! That's so funny. Well, that explains that.

Fina: So when does the Hot Stuff/Ebonyline Adore get easier to curl? Just a few washes? I'm just asking because it was taking me like a minute on high to even get a slight bend in my tests, but now that you and Sher have reported this, I'm determined to give it another try. Hell, maybe it makes sense to wash it a few times before the install then. What do you think?

:)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 4:25pm

Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

The only thing I can think is that separate companies buy the same hair and advertise/sell it under their own label.

Kinda like how farmers sell their produce and you'll get the same green beans but they're sold by different companies. Odd comparison but it's the only thing I can think of. Plus, I must be hungry.

Yes...that is exactly what they do.......I have seen that firsthand.

By the way...love your latest avatar. 

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 7:34pm

Jenny. . .it's strange. It responds *really well* to those da** velcro rollers. . .I can't figure it out. . . it loves the velcro rollers AND The blow dryer. . .just not the curling iron. . . will report more as I figure it out . . . all I know is, IT DOES NOT FRY!!!

-Fina

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 7:38pm
Hmm...so what's the difference between the WaWa and the PH then? :)

OK, just reread you post--so it doesn't fry then? Coolio!

:)

Edited by Jenny_RR
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 8:02pm
But the thing Ive noticed is that the ebonyline/amour/new age fiber does go back to straight after washing....and Amm says that her Wawa retains some of the wave/curl after washing it. What do ya think FinaFina?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 8:04pm
LOL....funny thing I just noticed....Amm needs to make another post and get rid of that 666 under her freaky looking user icon!
amm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 1:13am
Oooooooooooo, it DOES say 666! I'll nevah change it... nevah nevah!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 5:46am
LOL....you little devil Amm!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic