Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Extensions for 1 night?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jan121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jan121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extensions for 1 night?
    Posted: April 01 2005 at 10:39pm
Hi, I am looking to get extensions for one night only. I don't know if this is possible but I wanted to get a longer hair look and then curl it for a special event that I'm going to. I really don't want to spend the hundreds of dollars getting extensions done professionally and I was wondering if there was an easier and cheaper way of increasing my hair length so that I could wear it down. I know there is the clip on option but I don't think that would allow me to wear my hair down the way I want it. I have heard of people getting extensions for one night but I don't know the details or if it is what I'm looking for. If anyone has any suggestions, alternatives, or information on what I should do, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 10:51pm

If you want it for only one night you have alot  of inexpensive options really. Just about any beauty supply store hair will work whether it be synthetic or human hair. Synthetic is cheaper but you can also find relatively inexpensive human hair too. Of course the cheap hair wouldnt last for very long at all but will work just fine for a night. The easiest method of attachment that I am familiar with would be latex glue. Just buy wefted hair that is on a track, some cheap latex glue and you are good to go! Its a really simple process to bond in temporary wefts and should only take about an hour to do your own. For a first timer though having help would be a big bonus!

I also think clip in wefts would work just fine too and then you wouldnt have the glue residue to deal with afterwards. (Latex comes out ok but its just really messy to remove and  alot of patience is necessary to soak the bonds in an oil or remover solution)

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 11:48pm
I concur with everything Sherrie said: Those are great temporary solutions. I also like falls, clip-on ponytails, and 3/4 wigs for special events, because they look great and are supereasy to deal with. :)
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 5:17am

ye , if u ever wear yur hair in two pigtails / bunches which i do i sometimes just get a bit ofweft. tie my hair in 2 bunches and slip a bit of the folded weft into the bobble around your hair. to cover my natural. n theres no need for mesy glues or clips.

dono if i xplained that well enuff

leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 11:56am
I get what you're saying Kirsty.  I've seen several variations.  If you want a longer updo, you can use Kirsty's method or I've also installed wefts with just bobby pins by wrapping the weft around a ponytail or pigtails.  It all depends on the look you're going for.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic