Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need help with a hairstyle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yoyoyo345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyoyo345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help with a hairstyle
    Posted: April 03 2005 at 4:22am

I have a bit of a problem. I have some early morning classes and don't have time to blow dry my hair before classes. Now the thing is my hair is naturally a combination of curly/wavy and never goes fully curly or even looks good naturally wavy, and often tends to be frizzy. I have long layers where the longest part hits about my collar bone and then the front of my hair is angled with the shortest part about a half an inch below my chin with a center part. I was wondering does anyone had any suggestions for a good and easy hairstyle I can do with wet hair since I can't very well wear my hair in a ponytail and I can't leave it down to dry naturally? I just would prefer not to look like I just rolled out of bed.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 4:38pm
A suggestion: when you wash your hair, dilute your shampoo.  This will help your hair to be less frizzy.  Also, consider washing your hair at night before you go to sleep; if it isn't still damp, spritz it with some water - then take a few minutes to comb/brush/style (with blow dryer if necessary).
yoyoyo345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyoyo345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 10:59pm
The thing is I'm switching over from washing my hair at night because it is starting to get really hot and my room isn't air conditioned so I tend to sweat at night.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2005 at 6:40am
Curly or wavy hair frizzes less if you don't blow dry it, and let it air dry instead.  (I've known several curly girls to go to their morning class with wet hair down, then have great hair the rest of the day!). 

If your hair was longer, I'd suggest you try twisting it upward into a clip or holding it with a barette, but I'm not sure collarbone length hair with layers would be able to do that, you would have to try it and see...it may be able to fit into a clip.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
yoyoyo345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyoyo345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2005 at 2:45pm
I was considering trying that. When I'm sitting in my room I often use my pen to keep my hair up in a sort of bun form, and although the front hairs fall down, most of it stays up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic