Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is this method?????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is this method?????
    Posted: April 03 2005 at 1:33pm

H E L P ..........  I once had someone put extensions on me with a GUN... (not glue!)... She put in a few strands in with my own hair, then sort of twisted it, then melted these little 'plastic tubes' ? with this GUN.... This gun looked like a drill that a carpentar would use, but it had two silver spikes on the end of it... one for twisting one for melting?  Help.... Cannot find anyone who knows what this is??

Genie

Nthn Michigan

Genie Aldrich
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 4:40pm
Sounds like shrinkies... are you having trouble?
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 4:42pm
SOunds like SHrinkies with a nice heat gun as long as the hair went through the plastic tube.

I've seen those heat guns for industrial use and wouldn't be remotely surprised to see them in Salon use with prettier plastic on the handle.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 5:13pm

From the description of the 'gun', it may be the Prohair gun.  However small plastic tubes may indicate shrinkies.

Did the gun look like this:

http://www.prohair.us/

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 5:20pm
Metalgirl: you're saying the 'gun' might be the Prostyles heat clamp? I guess that would make sense, since it has those two little prongs.

Genie, click on the page that Metalgirl posted, and look under "Application"- there's a photo of the heat clamp there. Is that the gun-looking thing? And did you ever see the plastic tubes off of your head, or did the bonds just -feel- like plastic tubes? 'Cause heat-sealed extensions, done in the ProStyles or Dome method, often feel like little plastic tubes.

-Rae
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic