Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Old but trying to keep up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cindyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old but trying to keep up
    Posted: April 04 2005 at 7:37pm

Hi I just joined.  I am 52 years old, and have had the same hair style for as long as I can remember.  My kids say I've had some variation of a mushroom forever.  I have extremely thick and natural wavy hair and currently wear it in a bob just a little below my ear.  Well, I've finally gotten tired of my girls saying I have a mushroom head or a white version of an Afro.  I'm thinking of a Razor cut to let the waves go on their own, but I'm afraid, but excited at the same time.  Also, I'm looking for a stylist in the Utica NY area that I can trust to do this.  Any words of encouragement or wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Cindy

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 1:35pm

Hi Cindyc,

Thanks for stopping by here to say hello.  Mushroom hair can definitely be frustrating but can also definitely be fixed.  There are a lot of great people here that are very generous with their time and willingness to help.  I am constantly amazed by the kindness, openness and wealth of knowledge that is unconditionally shared.

You may want to stop by the Short Hair formum to discuss styles you might try or the General Hair Talk board.  There is also a board for posting for a stylist that you are looking for. 

I encourage you to hang out here and get to know the folks and I know that they will support you on your journey to find a great hairdresser...which I often find can be as daunting as finding a good mate.  :-)

Looking forward to seeing your posts here.

Welcome.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
luckystar View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckystar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2005 at 8:08am

Dear CindyC,

welcome on board, look forward to chatting to you real soon,

love from the UK

hello from lucky star - have a nice day!!!
angeleyeslady View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angeleyeslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 11:57am
hello too, nice to meet you
AngelEyes supports SIGHTSAVERS CHARITY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic