Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

question for zapevaj

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question for zapevaj
    Posted: April 04 2005 at 11:47pm

*or anyone else that would know*

ive read a couple of your previous posts *and pinchbraiding tutorial* and in one you said that tying off the ends with a rubber band would be easier for a diyer..well i practiced my braids and am now ready to try it out but i was wondering what you would suggest to tie it off with?  are the little rubberbands they sell on the hair websites good or could they possible damage my hair and i should use something else?  thank you so much!!

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 5:46pm
Rubber bands are okay. It doesn't hold as well as pinchbraiding, and it's more obtrusive (you'll notice that the bands leave little bumps). If you've got someone to help you, you might be able to pinchbraid- honestly, the hardest part is picking the thread away from the hair at the end of the braiding. Being able to see the braid helps a lot with that- though I know there are some people who can pinchbraid just fine on their own heads.

-Rae
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 6:06pm
thanks zap, i just might give pinchbraiding a try then..i do have a friend that could possibly help me but i hate to be a pain so ill give it a try first and if not haha lucky her ;p
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic