Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Allergies????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allergies????
    Posted: April 06 2005 at 6:06pm

I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat and watery eyes and a running nose!  I am wondering if it could be allergies?  Has anyone else been experiencing this? Thanks!

Debbie

There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 7:09pm
Could be... is the spring-time pollen out in full force where you live?  I used to suffer terribly when I lived in the northern states (U.S.).  The plants would come alive after the winter and I would be in misery for 2 months during the spring.

The pollen season is much shorter and less severe in Florida (whew).
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 8:07pm

I live in the South half of Illinois and it must be out. My daughter had a severe asthma attack and her and I spent the day at the hospital.  All due to the pollen.  But now she is much better and so is her baby.  (She is due in May.)  This was yesterday.  Funny thing is I never dealt with allergies before. I guess I am getting (old). SSHHH!!!!  LOL!  We can blame it on the allergies though!  Debbie---Edited because I found anothet typo error.

Edited by Debbie
abeka24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abeka24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 6:05pm

debbie,

i have the exact same simptons, plus sneezing.  it started with a minor scratchy throat for a few days.  I live in the northern half of Illinois and the bronchial flu is going around here, my sister's whole family has had it for almost a week, and warned me of it.  It really kicked in last night-it's afwul-hope this isn't what you have!

Take care, abeka

Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 6:31pm

Hi Abecka!  Thank you for your well wishes. This just flaired up the other day!  And I was bragging that I had not been sick this winter!  That is what did it! LOL! 

What part of Illinois are you from? By Chicago?  I am way down south by the kentucky border! 

Debbie

abeka24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abeka24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 9:36pm
I live in Ottawa, which is right by Starved Rock, if you have heard of that.  A lot of people have.  I'm about an hour & 1/2 from Chicago though.  Do you live close to Paducah?
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 9:16am

About 1 hour from Paducah!  I love to go shopping there! 

It is suppose to be in the upper 60's today so maybe it will get warm again!  I sure hope so!  I think alot of people feel better with warmer weather and the sun shinning! 

Have a good one!  Debbie

luckystar View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckystar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2005 at 8:19am

Getting back to allergies......... yes I am the same........some years I get hayfever, and other years I'm clear.......must be how high the pollen count is,

loved it when I went to the states with my boyfriend,

visited Miami, Port Lauderdale, Tampa and all around there, it was really beautiful, and the people are very friendly and seem to like the british, which is good.

bye..........

hello from lucky star - have a nice day!!!
angeleyeslady View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angeleyeslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 9:20am

Hello, my brother has allergies to pollen and he is also allergic to household dust and cat fur???

Luckily he has a dog (which he is not allergic to).

I like America too, I have visited Orlando, and went to St. Pete's Beach, which is miles and miles of beautiful golden sand, its so lovely.

Bye for now, xxx

AngelEyes supports SIGHTSAVERS CHARITY
shiverpale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 3:24pm

hi everyone!

i dont suffer from any allergies, but my partner does. hes terrible when springtime hits us over here in the uk. runny nose, sore eyes, thumping headache. he has tried nearly every med for hayfever to get rid of it too...but nothing helps.

this might sound silly...but im allergic to seafood.......if i even nibble a prawn by accident (im forever eating fried rice from takeaways and theres always a bit in them!) i am sick right away...and end up with a fever.

im also allergice to redken hair products...they make my scalp itch like crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzy! ohhh and dandruff shampoos!

Asmara

"The hair is the richest ornament of women."
KingJames23 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 4:27pm
that same thing happen to me but its just that i was sick
B.M.F PIMPIN WE NOT A SQUAD WE A MOVEMENT.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 5:50am
I got a nose that fills up with mucous through the night--and then I start coughing in the morning--though I have never smoked...Must be an allergy of some kind!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic