Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American Dream Order

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 12:03am
I have an AD thermo color ring from my one and only order. I'll take and post pix tomorrow if that will help plus I'll let it go to a good home.

Just to let everyone know what happened with the original order: There were about 8 people who wanted to order. It was at least 6 different colors in 2 lengths, all silky straight wefts. AD is not set up for internet sales so all contact had to be by phone. Long story short: inconvenient (time zone diffs) and some unprofessionalism on their part made it difficult. There were several calls to me (also inconvenient-I'm either at work at 10am or asleep at 4 am) for various shipping charge issues, confirmations and other things, and the bottom line was they were OUT of 5 of the 6 colors we wanted.
Whew.
So amm and I ended up getting a couple of wefts of whatever they had plus a color ring just to see what the hair was like and if it was worth the hoop-jumping.
I think Fina ultimately got some of the blonde that came over, right?
My dark #2 is far and away the nicest synthetic - thermo or no - that I've ever seen. I have not worn it, however. Still in the bag. But it is LOVELY through 3 or 4 test washings and curlings. There are several women here that swear AD thermo is the bomb and I can absolutely see why. It's a bit pricey when you do the currency conversion and the RIDICULOUS UK-US shipping, but the hair is unsurpassed. If you're into synthetic, this is a must try.
Just be prepared for the ordering process. Be PREPARED with your order, be patient, and don't freak about the total cost. One good thing: it arrives really quickly and it's worth waiting for!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 3:43am

I just got off the phone with AD and placed an order for 8 packages of the 36" thermofiber.   I guess that's what happens when it's 2AM my time and I can't sleep... I go shopping in Europe!

Anyway, the girl was extremely pleasant and helpful on the phone.  They said I should have my order in 10 working days.  The last time I ordered I received it in 8 days I think.

I'll let you all know when it arrives!

FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 6:53am

Syren - Amm got the blonde, I got a snippet of it that I still fondle from time to time, but haven't yet installed because I'm in rehab "I will not mix human and synth I will NOT mix human and synth I WILL NOT mix human and synth".

As I recall though they didn't have nearly the color selection that they advertised? Also none of us have actually taken this hair for a long test drive. . . I think it's still in the hair vaults as opposed to on the heads of fair ladies?

But I am still searching for the synthetic holy grail. I am *so* disappointed in this RK install - I'm back to that "Garth" look (as in Wayne's World!). One World, One Party! Ahh the memories my hair brings to me each day as I struggle with it. . ."Excellent!"

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 1:49pm

Update on AD order:

When I placed my order, it seemed to go so well, I knew if was too good to be true.  They called me the next day saying there was  a problem with my order.  I guess they were out of a few colors that I wanted and didn't have many of my selections in the 36" length, only had the 18" and that's not long enough.

Then, even though they shipped to me before, they said I needed to fill out some authorization form for the credit card.  Then I swear the girl didn't give me 2 seconds to reply to her, and she said, "ok, bye now" and hung up on me!

So I say screw these people!  I have a feeling that the thermo would not stand up well over time anyway.  As I reported, I have been playing around with curling it with an iron, and it curls nicely, but when you brush out or even finger rake out the curls, it turns into poofy frizz.  I was not able to steam out the frizz, but I was able to dampen the hair and use a flat iron to remove most, but not all of the frizz.

I still love the plastik / pro hair.  If it frizzes I can easily blow it out.  It's predictable and workable.  I'll stick with that.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic