Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aromatherapy for Hair Loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aromatherapy for Hair Loss
    Posted: July 28 2005 at 4:55am
I think if I massaged my head for a minimum of two minutes every day, I wouldn't have any left :-( .  Even just rubbing shampoo onto my scalp while washing my hair, for the maybe twenty or thirty seconds that takes, causes a lot of hair to fall out :-( .
More awesome than a manatee!
kal_youssef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kal_youssef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 7:36am

Has anyone tried this and found results?

thanks

kal

kab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 9:03pm

This was in the NY Daily News yesterday (4/6/05) in an article entitled *Presenting... the Top 20 Home Remedies*. It cites an Archives of Dematology article. I found a 1998 abstract, but I am not sure if this is the source of the article; what I found is titled, "The Philosophical, Cultural, and Historical Aspects of Complementary, Alternative, Unconventional, and Integrative Medicine in the Old World" and seems to indicate that a second look should be given to Old World practices--but I can't tell from the abstract if the authors ran experiments like the one described below.  Nevertheless, readers of this board may be interested--(although, maybe massage might be the key and not the oils alone ????)

Aromatherapy for Hair Loss

Scottish dermatologists, writing in the Archives of Dermatology, stated in 1998 that "cedarwood, lavender, thyme and rosemary oils have hair-growth-promoting properties." Patients were enrolled in a random, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. One group received the following recipe: "thyme vulgaris (2 drops, 88 milligrams), lavandula angustifolia (3 drops, 108 milligrams), rosmarinus officinalis (3 drops, 114 milligrams) and cedrus atlantica (2 drops, 94 milligrams). These oils were mixed in a carrier oil, which was a combination of jojoba (3 milliliters) and grapeseed (20 millilters) oils. The oils were massaged into the scalp for a minimum of two minutes. A warm towel was then wrapped around the head to aid absorption of the oils. Patients were advised to use this technique every night." The results were impressive. Of those who applied aromatherapy, 44% had improvement compared to 15% in the control group.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic