Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Color help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
me_me_me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote me_me_me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color help!
    Posted: April 09 2005 at 4:43am
Is it possible to DIY dye my black asain hair brown? Ive tried many times before and it only looks a bit brown in the light 
Ive almost give up... I think I should just do it at the salon...
Asian girls who've dyed their hair brown... please share you experiences!
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 11:17am
It is possible to make dense Asian black hair brown. But regular hair color you see on shelf in any consumer retail store isn't gonna cut it. I say you'll have to resort to bleach. I suggest you to try one of the bleaches either at Sally's or any store you frequent. At Sally's: 7th Stage liquid lightener (same thing as bleach) with 3 activator packettes and use it with 30 volume developer (creme). It will lift your hair up to gold-ish color (like a wedding band ring) or Clairol Maxi Blonde box at Target, Kmart, Walmart, you name it. Then use any of light brown semi-permanent or demi-permanent color for a nice brown but non-brassy brown. It always worked for me.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 1:00am
have you tried loreal high lift colour? i heard it make asian black hair into bright brown. in malaysia there is these new wave of bright brown hair colouring kit from various companies that claim to make hair bright brown with out bleaching.
ARGHH
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 7:17pm

Have u considered getting the color u want by itself and mixing it w/ 30 vol. developer?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic