Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I love my Wa Wa hair- pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I love my Wa Wa hair- pictures
    Posted: April 10 2005 at 12:23am

I ordered the 20" wa wa wefts from Vixen Wigs and I made clip ins out of it.  I ordered 1 package of the #4 and 1 package of the #99J.  I sewed the wefts together on my sewing machine, putting the #4 on top because I wanted it to be the predominant color.  I sewed on the clips that I ordered from Kristen (fast shipping- thanks!) and voila, I have hair that I love!

The hair actually looks better in person than it does in the photos.  This was the first day I wore it, and now several girls at my salon want me to hook them up with our wonderful, cheap hair.

It feels a little dry at the ends, but so does most of the human hair I've worn.  I have to say that I feel the AD hair is much more silky and softer, but I am loving this curly look now.  I haven't had hair that I liked this much in a long time, so I'm going to have some fun with this!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/metalgirl70/wawahairf ront.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/metalgirl70/wawahairb ack.jpg

RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 12:33am
Amazing! You look great!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 12:47am
It looks awesome, Metalgirl. I love the colors and the waves, and I'm amazed you can get such a seamless look with clip-ins. How far up do they go?

Bravo! :)
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 12:50am
holy wow. everything looks fantastic
i love plastikhaar
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 12:53am

I put them up pretty darn high on the head!  I like them that way because they do blend better. 

Ok, I  measured with a tape measure, and  from my front hairline to straight back to where the clip in curves around the crown of my head measures about 7 inches.    As it curves around the sides, only 4 1/2 " on my own hair is showing.  I hope that makes sense.

Edited by metalgirl
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 6:28am
Those are clip-ins? WOW! I absolutely love the purple in the dark. It
looks fantastic on you and that curl is awesome.

I have to say that this WaWa is positively one of the best hair finds
I've ever stumbled across. The fact they're doing wefts is a great
sign. I'm hoping beyond hope we see a broader color range and at
least 24" > greater lengths. I would not hesitate to install this on all
my friends.

WaWa's a winner!!!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 7:08am
Metalgirl, that looks incredible! Is that the wawa bodywave? Is that  how it looks without culing, or did you use rollers for that wavey look? Im curious, does it keep the wave or does the wave drop out after washing?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 7:56am
Thanks for the dimensions, Metalgirl! Your photos are very inspiring. I never thought much about making clip-ins before, but now I'm really considering it....

Would it work to wear clip-ins occasionally if you already have pinchbraided extensions? Like, say, I bought a few steaked wefts of PH, made some clips, and attached them where the braids are? I feel like the braids would actually help to create an anchor for the clips, but maybe I'm off here. Anyway, I'd love to hear your opinion on this.

Thanks again!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 9:31am
OHMYGOD METALGIRL!! Are you a mind reader or something?! Your hair looks fantastic!! I can't even believe they're clips!

I've been sooooooo bummed out this week cuz I found out I can't put new hair in until my radiation is over, which is in 7 more weeks! The techs told me it would change how my head is placed in the mask that holds my head in position, and they measure everything in millimeters so adding even a little hair will affect it.    
Then I had a brainstorm yesterday while sadly fingering through my new WaWa...CLIP INS!!! So I ordered them from Kristin, then lo and behold....YOUR POST WITH PICS!!!
Thank you so much for the pics and information - you look absolutely fabulous.
How many clip ins did you make? Are they all one piece or did you make separate ones for the sides?
StacyMyers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StacyMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 12:36pm
Thats it! i'm buying some clips from kristen!
shadowfyre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 1:13pm
Oh that is beautiful!
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 3:35pm

That's a great look Metalgirl...the curls, the color, the burgundy-it goes wih your makeup!

Syren...yeah you can get your hair "fix" till your done with those treatments!

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 4:02pm
That looks amazing.  Is it just the two wefts?

How long and what color is your natural hair?

Makes me want to get mine out again and fiddle with them.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 6:16pm
Metalgirl singlehandedly starts a clip-in frenzy on the HairTalk board. Film at 11.
X-tend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X-tend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 6:56pm

Looks great metalgirl. How many wefts do you have clipped in?

and how thick do you make each weft, 2 layers sewn together  fpr each clip or more?

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 7:47pm

Yowzers!!! I absolutely love those colors!!! Great work!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic