Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need advice! (Picture)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sasquatch440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasquatch440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need advice! (Picture)
    Posted: April 11 2005 at 4:10pm

hey this is my first post, i joined to get some opinions, My hair is shaggy, but its not normal hair its coarse almost like the hair black people hair and it gets really poofy but its not as curly im sick of long hair and im looking for something new and updated, i dont want short hair just something shorter. is there a way i can make my hair not as coarse or am i stuck like this??

The_Airknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2005 at 5:20pm

OK, for starters, no one is "black." Your wording in that sentence was also less than preferable, too.

I would suggest a buzz cut or something similar, perhaps a short spiked look or even just letting it grow out..

Sasquatch440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasquatch440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2005 at 5:24pm

sry i didnt mean to be offensive, my hair was a buzz cut and i let it grow out and thast what i have now, its too much maitanence for me i towel it then i have to wear a beanie or put a short over my head so it will not just be a big puffball..... i was thinking somthing along the lines of this :   

or  but withouht the streak

Edited by Sasquatch440
nickp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 6:08am

lol, dude, first of all get your hair thinned out. Its a bush seriously.

Go to a hair dresser with your desired style, ie those pics above..and basically ask them to thin it out as much as possible without altering the lenght.

Then, here comes the fun, bit..your hair has a wave in it, ie it isnt straight. To achieve that style, you'll need to be using ceramic hair straighterners to get it straight and textured and then applying a softish wax to add to the effect + give it more texture, definition and shine. Its a cool style just a mission. Keep in mind you'll have to restraighten your hair after every time u take a shower.

The dude in your pic definately uses hair straighterners i'd say.

Good luck, and keep in mind the hairstyle u want is pretty high maintenance.

Nick

The_Airknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Sasquatch440 Sasquatch440 wrote:

sry i didnt mean to be offensive, my hair was a buzz cut and i let it grow out and thast what i have now, its too much maitanence for me i towel it then i have to wear a beanie or put a short over my head so it will not just be a big puffball..... i was thinking somthing along the lines of this :

Ehh, it's ok..I guess I kind of overreacted to that, but I don't know..just one of my problems with society, using "black" to describe people and all, but LoL..anyway..

Try blowdrying it out. Also, go to the local hair store (or even Wal-Mart, or Target or something) and look for a hair smoothener/straightener. Don't get a relaxer, but just a regular, temporary straightner like Rusk AntiCurl.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic