Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

just one more question! :-)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sossypops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sossypops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just one more question! :-)
    Posted: April 12 2005 at 3:43am

Hope you don't mind me asking one more thing! I just want to get this right! I have now received my order of colorfix. I am going to buy the dye to put on after i have used the colorfix today. As i want a light brown result i have been advised by members of this board to get a dye a couple of shades lighter. So, if i get a medium ash blonde dye would that be acceptable do you think? Should i get semi-permanent or permanent? And if it achieves a result that is lighter than i want - can i then dye it a bit darker without it going back to very dark again?

I also want to say thank you so much for everyone who has helped me with this! I will let you know what happens with it!

leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 1:35am
If Colorfix gets you to a yellow-orange color or so, then you should be able to put a dark ash blonde semi permanent over that to get a warm light brown.  If the Colorfix doesn't take you light enough, obviously you'll have to remove more pigment.  Also, if you want an ashier brown, you might have to use a permanent.  My preference is to use a semi because it's less harsh on your hair, but a permanent can knock out more warmth than a semi can.  If you dye, and it's close but a little too light, then apply a semi permanent over it (whether the first dye job was permanent or semi).

Also, in case it hasn't been said before, make sure you do not skip the developer stage of the Colorfix.  It's the only way to tell if you've removed enough color.

Edited by leia1979
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic