Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My dreads look horrible, helppp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
winterelegy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterelegy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My dreads look horrible, helppp
    Posted: April 16 2005 at 9:57pm
I've had my dreads for about 3 months and they look horrible. I started them at about 3-4in (which i suspect was the first problem), they've grown out a lil bit, but still look nasty. I have loose hairs everywhere which i cant seem to get into the dreads, and all my dreads are so so thin...is there anyway i can combine them? I try to wax and roll them as much as i can but it doesnt seem to help at all. My hair is very fine so i guess it doesnt want to lock up. any help would be so awesome!
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2005 at 10:04am

Did you twist the loose hair around the previously locked hair?

Anyways, locks go through stages, baby stage, teenage stage and the mature stage. Everyone that had locks had a "not so good stage" in one way or another. I know lots of people with locs. As they grow they get better.

How do they look nasty? i'm sure if you are cleaning them then they are clean, right?

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

winterelegy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterelegy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2005 at 5:25pm
Yeah i tried twisting the loose air around the locks, and even waxed em and what not and the airs never want to go in the dread. And yeah i clean them so they are literally clean, but all the loose hairs and frizz and what not just makes them look nasty and unkempt. oh well in a few months i hope they will work themselves out
madglass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 10:07am

Dreads are dreads and they are not gana look great... they are matted clumps of dirty hair.   I had my dreads for 4 years and always had loose hairs and grown out straight hair.   

Here is what they lookwed like after I had them for two years

Everyone's an actor or an actors best friend
I wonder what was wrong to begin with that they all have to pretend
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:42pm
Not everyones locs are dirty...but if yours are than so be it...I know people that wash theirs on the regular.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic