Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So frusterated I could cry...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So frusterated I could cry...
    Posted: June 14 2005 at 12:27am
Originally posted by shiverpale shiverpale wrote:

amber amber amberjune! Hi...

i havent posted on here for a while but your topic evoked me to reply!

i think your hair is lovely, your face too! youre absolutely stunning !

my tip is , to stop measuring your manes growth!...i know it can be a pain waiting for it to grow to your desired length, but watching it and checking it anddddddd wanting it to grow quick can be like watching a kettle boil.

im not suggesting you dont take good care of it whilst it grows. or not to get trims....(but saying that, maybe you could back off from visiting the salon for a while, spead your visits out more, etc) as in, dont get it trimmed so often. in the meantime, just enjoy the beautiful hair and length you already have, take care of it with the products that help make you feel confident about your hair, the ones you love to use, whether natural products or not (burts bees products are yummy and always make my hair feel lushywushy!) and try not to get stressed out about it. (i read somewhere stress can cause hair loss and stun growth!)

anyway, thats my 2 cents worth over and done with.

id just like to say again, your hair in your piccy album looks beautiful, you do too....and by your chatty and friendly posts, i can tell that your personality is too!

*hugs*

Asmara x

Great post...thank you for your time in writing it AND your nice compiments!  It all sounds like great advice to me!!  I def do need cut back a lil on the visits to the salon...I just don't want it to look bad!  you know...

I'm a bit poor right now (being a college student makes you feel like you a have a hole in your pocket haha) so all the yummy products I like are a bit hard to afford right now... food has to come first ! agh!  hehe ...

Thanks for all the encouragement!

*hugz*

*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 12:25am
Originally posted by bedhedgrl bedhedgrl wrote:

Sorry Amberjune,  bad dayyyyyyy  , and as a newbie I really want to talk about fun things too.  I really hope your hair is doing great!!! I also want to say be careful about putting your summer hair up, as those scrunchies/elastics ect can cause breakage ugh! thanx 4 being cool.......

Aww its ok.  Lucky for you I was in a good mood! haha j/k

Thanks for the advice and once again, welcome.... you'll love it here!

*hugz*

shiverpale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 11:52am

amber amber amberjune! Hi...

i havent posted on here for a while but your topic evoked me to reply!

i think your hair is lovely, your face too! youre absolutely stunning !

my tip is , to stop measuring your manes growth!...i know it can be a pain waiting for it to grow to your desired length, but watching it and checking it anddddddd wanting it to grow quick can be like watching a kettle boil.

im not suggesting you dont take good care of it whilst it grows. or not to get trims....(but saying that, maybe you could back off from visiting the salon for a while, spead your visits out more, etc) as in, dont get it trimmed so often. in the meantime, just enjoy the beautiful hair and length you already have, take care of it with the products that help make you feel confident about your hair, the ones you love to use, whether natural products or not (burts bees products are yummy and always make my hair feel lushywushy!) and try not to get stressed out about it. (i read somewhere stress can cause hair loss and stun growth!)

anyway, thats my 2 cents worth over and done with.

id just like to say again, your hair in your piccy album looks beautiful, you do too....and by your chatty and friendly posts, i can tell that your personality is too!

*hugs*

Asmara x

"The hair is the richest ornament of women."
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 4:06pm

Bedhedgrl, I just wanted to say WELCOME!!! You're going to enjoy your time here.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
bedhedgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bedhedgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 11:03am

Sorry Amberjune,  bad dayyyyyyy  , and as a newbie I really want to talk about fun things too.  I really hope your hair is doing great!!! I also want to say be careful about putting your summer hair up, as those scrunchies/elastics ect can cause breakage ugh! thanx 4 being cool.......

Bedhedgrl :>o
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 9:29am

I have sympathy for anyone whose hair isn't as they want it to be... cancer victims as well as those whose stylists trim too much.

Amber, it sounds to me like the stylist is still trimming off too much.  How fast does your hair grow?  At the rate of increase (based on your last trim), if your hair grows 4" per year, the stylist is trimming off 2 of those inches.  If it grows 6" per year, the stylist is trimming off 4 of those inches.  I'd suggest considering going much longer between trims - and telling the stylist to only trim 1/4" inch - and having a trusted friend along to watch to ensure that the stylist honors those wishes (and S&D splits on your own).  If your hair grows relatively slowly and the stylist is trimming off too much, it'll take what seems like forever for your hair to get longer. 

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 3:16pm

These are supposed to be FUN boards. Everyone with a brain is sympathetic and supportive of people who lose their hair due to maladies. If we spent every second thinking about the troubles of the world, it would not help anyone, and would eventually drain the strength of people who can be of real help. It's nice to dream!

And, R Robey, I'm thrilled to hear your are planning on growing your hair back!  Good luck, Bob

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by bedhedgrl bedhedgrl wrote:

....so frustrated u could cry.....hmmm, I had a client today who is in tears because her hair falling out in handfuls due to cancer treatments...really...I would count you 1/2 inch blessings, and be glad u had hair to lighten (not bleach ) three times ........

These forums are for people growing out there hair.  I do feel for people who have cancer and such but you need not try and be rude about my topic.  And as the old saying goes....If have nothing nice to say...don't say it at all.  I count my blessings each day....everyone has something they don't necessarily love about themselves....

And since your a newbie....Welcome  .......but I would suggest you being helpful if you want to get along here. 

Thanks......

rrobey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 7:21am

Hey Amber...

I know what you mean about having to use heat on your hair every day.  I blow dry daily.  My only suggestion would be to splurge and get a good dryer (flat iron too!).  I really like the dryer I'm using now (except it's a little bulkier than I'm use to).  I hate to spend a lot of $$ on things, but I splurge on my hair stuff.  I also use the Phytodefrisant Relazing Baum (which I ordered from hairboutique.com  ).  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff.  You know how humid the weather gets in WV... my hair never gets frizzy and wavy using that stuff.

My hair is in relatively good shape (dispite the attempt to perm in February only to remove the perm with another perm a week later).  I'm on the grow again after cutting in February.  I had a baby and *thought* I wanted the ease of short hair.  I'm at 16" right now with a goal of around 24".  I'm going to PM you some information that helped me and may help you. 

Becky

bedhedgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bedhedgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 10:20pm

....so frustrated u could cry.....hmmm, I had a client today who is in tears because her hair falling out in handfuls due to cancer treatments...really...I would count you 1/2 inch blessings, and be glad u had hair to lighten (not bleach ) three times ........

Bedhedgrl :>o
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 9:45pm

Originally posted by Renee Renee wrote:

err...i have thin hair too but it has improved a lot since biotin and MSM have also helped

I just want mine to GROOWWWWWWWWW AGGGGGGGHHH

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 3:05pm
err...i have thin hair too but it has improved a lot since i stopped using heat. airdrying gives my hair the volume it needs..and biotin and MSM have also helped
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 1:24pm

Just as a little update... I went and got my hair trimmed on June 3rd.  The stylist said that my hair was in better condition this time around.  My last trim was March 7... so that is almost an inch and a half.  .....On March 7 I was at 20 inches..and now i'm only at 20 and a 1/2.  My hair must not grow at the normal 1/2 inch a month....because I know she did not trim off a whole inch.

I'm not getting anywhere.

Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 9:50am

Kimbearly has a good suggestion, I think. I have no experience with extensions myself, but I can imagine it is less damaging than using heat and chemicals on your own hair. Perhaps it will do the trick and give you the fullness you crave?

I so much hope you don´t give up, there is really no reason to!

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
Kev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 12:44am

I don't know if this is much help but, I began eating lots of fruit and vegetables, and started eating healthy foods. I take a multivitamin too and drink fruit juice.  I was sick and decided to start eating healthy food.  I have noticed that lately my hair is growing much faster than before and my fingernails are thicker too.

Maybe this could work for you too?

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 8:08pm

Amber - Have you thought about extensions?  I use clip-on extensions to make the bottom of my hair fuller and longer.  I am waiting on a order of synth. hair from Plastikhaar because a lot of girls on the extension board have had amazing results.  I have been wearing clip-on extensions for two years now with no damage to my own hair.  Like you, I can not wait for my own hair to grow so I wear the extensions

Here is a couple of links for you:

http://www.plastikhaar.ch/wholesale/

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=34

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 3:51pm
I agree with Viktoria work with what you have and I think you have great hair.  The people with the full fluffy "big hair"  want a more flat less poofy style go figure.  By the way Amberjune do you use Linux because I am thinking of going with suse linux.  
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Viktoria Viktoria wrote:

GoldieLocks has a point when she suggests wearing your hair up. Perhaps you can make the "flatness" work for you instead of against you? Can you change "flat = ugly" to "flat = sleek and elegant"?

And I agree with everyone: your hair looks great. You have made wonderful progress.

Without the blowdryer and flatening iron my hair looks kinda wavy/thin/flat.  Its frizzy and unappealing....

I don't know what to do...I'm starting to think long hair just isn't gonna happen for me.

Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 9:43am

GoldieLocks has a point when she suggests wearing your hair up. Perhaps you can make the "flatness" work for you instead of against you? Can you change "flat = ugly" to "flat = sleek and elegant"?

And I agree with everyone: your hair looks great. You have made wonderful progress.

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2005 at 9:04pm
I personally think that your color and style is great, but if you want to make it long, I suggest you just keep trying. You don't have to stop, but try to cut down on irons, hair dryers, etc - wear your hair up!
Keep a healthy diet, avoid cones/sulfates, and all else I can say is good luck!
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic